Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Built a new Rythmic 12" Direct Servo sub!!

Thumbs up

Here is the sub alone right now, after moving it around some to find the best location.
    I need to get a Behringer to tame the humps a bit, but it's looking good so far.
    Sounds fantastic already though.
    Last edited by muzz; 08-05-2007 at 08:15 AM.

That is great room response! No need for any EQing. That makes some people very jealous!
    -curtis

No kidding. I'd never touch that kind of response with EQ. Is the shown measurement just the sub running? If so, that dip near the crossover point will go away with the mains filling in that region. Or, shall I say, should go away. If you measure with everything playing and all is good, I really would not use any EQ whatsoever.
    - EVH III

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Horton View Post
    No kidding. I'd never touch that kind of response with EQ. Is the shown measurement just the sub running? If so, that dip near the crossover point will go away with the mains filling in that region. Or, shall I say, should go away. If you measure with everything playing and all is good, I really would not use any EQ whatsoever.
    Thanks guys, the sub sounds fantastic.

Yes Eddie, thats just the sub,Theres a room null at 111hz(and others further up), the XO is 80.
    Thats at 14hz setting- low damping.

Here are the sub and mains(only to 200)- XO of 80... there is work to do with this room(no treatment at all yet).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, because I was jealous of your bass response, I am happy to see you have a suck out 113hz.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Well, because I was jealous of your bass response, I am happy to see you have a suck out 113hz.
    Yeah, this room needs some work.
    Gonna play around with it some more, possibly as soon as later on today!!

Thanks for the encouragement though bud!!

BTW curtis... I stopped that graph at 15hz....
    If the calibration file and the RS meter combo are to be believed down there.... there's more to the LEFT!!!!

BTW, I bought a BFD-DSP1124P today... played around with it for a couple of hours, just getting the hang of it...