Thread: Which Ascend Acoustics speakers would you recommend?

Default Which Ascend Acoustics speakers would you recommend?

Hello everyone,

I have a 2 channel stereo receiver and am looking to invest in a 2.0 or 2.1 system with a 500$ budget (which I can expand a bit if I ply myself with wine).

I was directed to Ascend Acoustics by droht from AVS and would love to hear the opinion of some Ascend users.

My main concern is whether or not I should get a subwoofer with my budget; not getting one would make upgrading later on easier, as I wouldn't feel like I have to replace my two speakers!

Thanks,
    xboxclubaseal

You could get the CBM-170SE, maybe even B-stock and then an inexpensive sub like the AV123 X-Sub. That would make a pretty nice system.

Or, if you can stretch your budget to $800, you can get the Sierras. You won't really need a sub unless you like really deep bass at high volumes (which I do :P).

If you are located in the Los Angeles area you can save money by picking up locally and paying cash.

Mike, how should I go about checking the availability of B-Stock items? I've searched the Ascend Acoustics main page and can't seem to find it!

Edit: I searched the forums and found that I should e-mail sales@ascendacoustics.com, which I have done.
    Last edited by xboxclubaseal; 07-27-2007 at 01:25 AM.

I am very pleased with my pair of CBM 170SE in my two channel set-up. One thing you might want to consider is the size of your room when choosing speakers. My room is of small to medium size and the speakers are about 14 inches from the rear wall which gives some nice bass reinforcement. Living in an apartment greater bass might get me in trouble with the neighbors.
    JohnMichael

System

Rega Planar 2 turntable modified
    Benz MC Gold
    Cambridge Audio 640P phono preamp
    Marantz CD5001 cd player

Onkyo A 9555 int. amp

Ascend Acoustics CBM 170SE speakers

Ultralink MX-2 speaker cables
    AlphaCore and AR interconnects

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by xboxclubaseal View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a 2 channel stereo receiver and am looking to invest in a 2.0 or 2.1 system with a 500$ budget (which I can expand a bit if I ply myself with wine).

I was directed to Ascend Acoustics by droht from AVS and would love to hear the opinion of some Ascend users.

My main concern is whether or not I should get a subwoofer with my budget; not getting one would make upgrading later on easier, as I wouldn't feel like I have to replace my two speakers!

Thanks,
    xboxclubaseal
    My Opinion? ply yourself a lil bit, and order a pair of Sierras.......

For music, ya really dont need a sub at ALL, they sound fantastic.

That's how I listen to music.