Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sierra-1 speakers - ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

"One case in point is that with the current technology of speakers now, the second they go past their balance point within the space you put them in, the field becomes completely collapsed and the frequencies collide like balls on a pool table. This is because of the technology itself. The technology is not yet capable of holographic inter-relationship with the environment. As the understanding of how sound is actually created grows, the technologies will become more evolved with these understandings. For now, the technologies are for the most part in kindergarten."

Sounds like we need to have speakers that can listen as well as speak. The same idea holds true for human beings. I know plenty of people whose frequencies are colliding like balls on a pool table. People who don't listen can give you quite a headache!

Hi enoch!

Congratulations! I hope you really enjoy your new speakers. Let me know what you think.

In the meantime while you’re waiting, here’s some entertaining gyrating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsr_lOv7A3c

LATE 2 WORK

Quote Originally Posted by LATE 2 WORK View Post
    Hi enoch!

Congratulations! I hope you really enjoy your new speakers. Let me know what you think.

In the meantime while you’re waiting, here’s some entertaining gyrating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsr_lOv7A3c

LATE 2 WORK
    Bahahaha!!
    I love the shoe flying off!!

LATE 2 WORK:

Well, I got the Sierra's on Monday. Listened a bit last night to mostly multichannel music. Some initial impressions: they image as well as the Classic 3's, maybe a bit less detail, but...the more I listened the more I would call it a tossup. The first thing I noticed was the depth of the soundstage..the soundstage is impressively deep compared to the 3's. There's significantly more bass response, and the one thing I missed with the 3's...that sense of 'air' around the sound. Oh, and they play a *lot* louder than the 3's with the same amount of juice. As I'm typing I'm listening to some cd's in 2 channel...so far I'm very impressed! BTW, ordered a Sierra Center tonight too. My wife is really into multichannel music, and though my processor will allow me a phantom center, she prefers the center in the mix. Got to keep the wife happy after all.

John

Hi enoch!

Glad to hear you got your speakers and like them. Hope a lot more joy comes your way!

I really like surround sound also. I'm going to set up a 9.1 sound around in one of my bedrooms, but I haven’t yet decided what speakers I’m going to go with because I’ve become so spoiled with my reference theater system.

Here are some of the different speakers I’m looking at and thinking about getting...I’m considering the new SVS speakers that are going to come out in the fall, the new Paradigm Reference Signature 6s that I recently auditioned that are not even out yet, and the new AV123s that will hopefully be coming out within a few months. I could easily go with the Sierra-1s all around, however I haven’t decided yet.

The AV123 center channel I have sounds wonderful and they make really gorgeous looking speakers, however I think the newly designed SVS speakers will turn out to be real winners when they’re released. As far as Paradigm goes, besides the Signature 6s which are awesome, I think the new Studio 100s are fantastic at their price point.

I'm planning to use my Sierra-1s for my new 24 inch 2.8 iMac which I just ordered when it was finally released today. This combination should be pretty sweet for sure!

All in all it’s really a fun adventure! There’s more to music than the sound, as it’s the whole experience of sharing expression and beauty.

Here’s to you finding magic in your life!

LATE 2 WORK

Here’s a very good example of someone’s multilayered awareness and their ability to transfer their perception into visual and neurological layers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K_NQe57C-k

This is a fantastic example of the understanding that as perception grows, so too does your creative ability. By increasing your awareness and perception, you exponentially increase your ability to create something truly profound.

Enjoy!

LATE 2 WORK

Hi Everyone!

I have an interesting question for all of you - If you could have any pair of speakers you so desired, with price being no object, what would they be and why?

The rules are very simple. You can only pick one pair of speakers, and please explain why you have chosen these speakers over all others.

This should be really fun, interesting, and informative for everyone.

Mystery is the invisible force that amplifies desire, for without it the mind becomes clouded and the heart slowly dies.

LATE 2 WORK

Tad Ref 1. http://tadhomeaudio.com/model-1.html

Because they kick every other speakers' ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Tad Ref 1. http://tadhomeaudio.com/model-1.html

Because they kick every other speakers' ass!
    That would be my choice too.

But with price no object, I would see what DaveF's price would be on making something.
    -curtis

QUAD ESL-2905, with the caveat that I'd have to have the right room for them as well. The most perfect loudspeaker I've heard in every conceivable way, except perhaps room shaking abilities (though, for an ESL of that size, pretty scarily clean, deep, powerful and fast bass response). Alas, I don't have the room or the money, so, bring on the Sierra's!