Thread: acceptable rationalization

Default acceptable rationalization

I just ordered a pair of the Sierras for my vintage Mcintosh 2 channel rig. My rationalization is this: Maybe if I spend a few more bucks, then that money will help Dave and his Father, I sincerely hope so! Actually, as Dave knows, my Dad died 10 months ago, amazingly it can still be raw at times. When the Sierra's were released I decided to wait until I had my Dads affairs tied up. They are, and in my goofy way, I hope to be able to help Dave just a touch more .
    As always Dave, your father and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    As I have told you in emails, I truly admire you and your Fathers strength, commitment and belief in the human spirit. Not only do you run a wonderful company, but you put yourself on the line for your Dad, you are my kind of person Dave.
    You have helped me in ways that I can't explain, this is my attempt at doing the same.

Peace,

Jim

Hi Jim,

It was GREAT speaking with you today.. Thank you for your support and your encouraging words. I am humbled by your generosity and caring and if there is something (anything) I can do to help you, please don't even hesitate...

Keep your sisters calm and when things get out of control, turn the Sierras' up a bit louder, turn off the lights and just get lost (how I spent most of my evening once we got the kids in bed).

Thank you!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks Dave,

I hope to be following your advice tomorrow, except that the preamp is in the shop. Guess I'll just hook them up to the HT, still using a Mcintosh amp, just a different one (2).

I hope day two was better for your Father.

There is a book you might want to look into: Healing with Whole Foods, by Paul Pritchford (I think is his name) Kind of an Alternative reference book, not Just for your Father but you and your family as well.

Peace,

Jim