Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Charity Raffle -- Please Read!!

I'm in for 1 also, hope your father does well, as I just went through this with my brother-in-law.

They just dont make them like they used to. Tell your pops to hang tough. Nothing more important or valuable than a dad. (maybe a mom)

Not only does he have, it appears, great family to live for, but those new grandkids will hopefully give him that extra desire. I'm tearing up.

You're in my prayers Mr. Fabrikant, and my kids. Funny thing. Every time my kids pray, which is at least every night as we do one famiy prayer a day, they always pray for kids with mean mommies and daddies, kids with no mommies or daddies, and anyone with cancer. They never forget. But you are mentioned by name Mr. Fab, along with our neighbor who was just diagnosed with multiple tumors and extensive cancer. She putting up a fight like you'd expect from a mother of two young girls.

God bless you and may something good come from all this pain and suffering.

We must be pretty close. I went in for one more too.

Stay positive, Dave. Have you decided to make a general gift to Sloan-Kettering, or to target a specific area of research? Just curious.

Hi Everyone,

Good news --- Due to a surprising number of raffle donations today (only about 1/2 of the participants post in the thread) we have gone slightly "over" the number of initial tickets. In addition, several more people requested "IN" before I close the raffe...

In consideration of these last minute requests and due to the generosity of a very dear friend, Brad Judy, I am adding a 4th prize to the raffle. 1 pr of CBM-170 SE. This is a brand new pair purchased and donated to the cause by Brad himself. 25 more tickets added for a new maximum total of 175.

Brad -- thank you!!!!

As of the time of this post, we are at 160 tickets sold -- Only 15 tickets left and the raffle will be officially closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ebh View Post
    Have you decided to make a general gift to Sloan-Kettering, or to target a specific area of research? Just curious.
    Great question, and one that I have discussed in great detail with both of my parents... I have left the final choice up to them as to exactly what area of research the donation will be used for. When the raffle is closed and they have decided -- I will most certainly let all of you know.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks to Brad for donating the additional 170 SE's!

9 tickets left...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Alrighty...i'm down for another one.

Thumbs up

I'm in for another one as well.

Hi fives to Brad for the additional contributions.
    On my way to work today I was listening to a local radio show and they were talking to a cancer researcher at the U of Washington. They are still in the pre human testing phase of a new more affective way to map or paint if you will, the cells that have been directly affected with cancer. Obviously not a total preventative, but they are very encouraged with the possibilities it holds for more accurate and thorough removal from areas that have been affected.
    It shows that strides are continuing to be made every month, every week, and every day on ways to help combat this disease.

Once again Dave, best wishes to your Dad and your family.
    Keep up the good fight.

Thumbs up

Very kind of Brad to BUY a NEW set of 170's and donate them to the raffle!!

EDIT: I would also like to thank Mark for donating the subs.