Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity Raffle -- Please Read!!

I'm in for two. Godspeed.

I'm in. Best wishes to the entire family.

I'm in. Just sent my $35.

I’ve also been UNfortunate enough to have close friends get cancer. One was diagnosed over 10 years ago, and she’s still fighting. Another was diagnosed just over 2-years ago and he’s been in remission ever since. They both made great strides in keeping the cancer at bay because they’re fighters. They’ve been able to fight a good fight because of the overwhelming support they’ve received from so many friends and family that care about them. This is a remarkable outpour of support which will only give your Dad more reason to give it all he’s got to beat this thing too. Keep your head up, be strong, surround yourself with all those that care, and think positive – I’m sure that’s the only way your dad would want it.

Best Wishes, and God Bless

Mark me down for another ticket

Count my wife and I in for 2. She lost both parents at a fairly young age, so we feel your pain and wish you the best of luck for a quick recovery.

J.

Add me to the list of people buying a ticket in the raffle.

My Dad has a dormant form of cancer in the bone of one of his legs. Pretty scary stuff until we knew it wasn't likely to spread to the rest of his body. The doctors x-ray each year to make sure it isn't spreading.

Default Dave

2 tickets and having dealt with both parents passing away (mother very early) and my absolute best friend and the person most close to me at the very early age of 37 (my brother), I understand family illness (and loss). My prayers are with you and a speedy recovery to your dad.
    Last edited by randyb; 07-11-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Greetings...

The turn out for this raffle is absolutely wonderful and I can't thank you enough!

My father's treatment schedule was rushed forward and his chemo started today. He took the first session like a champ, which is great news as we were concerned because he has chosen to take a more modern drug that is less toxic for his body but carries a 3% risk of an allergic reaction. I spoke to him later in the day, he was groggy and his speech was strained but he sounded no different to me compared to the day before -- which is good news.

Radiation starts on Monday, in this case - the radiation treatments will be tougher to deal with than the chemo (radiation treatments 5 days a week)

Please keep the comments coming, I will soon be printing all of them and my plan is to hang them everywhere in his bedroom so that he falls asleep to seeing words of encouragement and hope, and awakens each day to the same...

Only 35 tickets left!
    Last edited by davef; 07-12-2007 at 05:30 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Great news on his first chemo treatment Dave! Your dad is one tough hombre !!!
    -- Tom --
    My HT

In for 1