Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Charity Raffle -- Please Read!!

Congrats to those who will receive prizes but the real winners here are
    Dave & dad.

I suspect that everyone who entered did so because of Dave and his reaching out. None of us cared if we won or not. We simply were willing to help an unseen friend in need.

David: Cherish the fact that you have friends across America. In many ways, you are one lucky man. This alone should lift your father's spirit. Because now, no matter what lies before him, he knows he's made a true gentleman out of his boy and no greater legacy is needed in life.

Congrats to all the winners. There are those who won Ascend prizes, those who have won simply by supporting this raffle, and, of course, those with this disease who will benefit from the research this raffle will help fund.

A true win-win scenario!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Hi Guys,

Briefly spoke to my father today. He was in good spirits as the doctors' said everything is going "as planned". Unfortunately, his ability to speak is fading fast. I would guess that in a few more days he will altogether lose the ability. I am hoping my family can get him set up on email ASAP (computers scare him).

I shipped them nearly 4 pounds of printed comments from this thread and various emails from all of you. To see this level of encouragement, support and honest empathy coming from complete strangers to him is so incredibly wonderful. You have touched me deeply and I will keep this close to my heart for the rest of my life....

Quote Originally Posted by marksanctuary View Post
    Dave,
    I am not sure if this idea interests you or not but maybe you could do this again on a yearly basis. It could be called the "Cancer Independence Day Raffle" to aid in finding an opportunity that our future generations could someday be independent from the disease.
    This is an absolutely wonderful idea! And if you are all winning to participate, I would be thrilled at the chance to make this a yearly event. In fact, I will go one step further, if any of you are in a similar situation, with an immediate family member suffering from the big "C" -- please contact me offline.

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Congrats to those who will receive prizes but the real winners here are Dave & dad. I suspect that everyone who entered did so because of Dave and his reaching out. None of us cared if we won or not. We simply were willing to help an unseen friend in need.

David: Cherish the fact that you have friends across America. In many ways, you are one lucky man. This alone should lift your father's spirit. Because now, no matter what lies before him, he knows he's made a true gentleman out of his boy and no greater legacy is needed in life.
    Thank you! -- I feel differently though. I feel the winners here will be our children. I pray that the many days (weeks) of additional research that our little community have provided for will lead to that one idea that spurs the cure, so that my son and daughter (and yours) NEVER have to be witness to the destruction and ultimate devastation this disease brings to so many families.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Congrats to all the winners. There are those who won Ascend prizes, those who have won simply by supporting this raffle, and, of course, those with this disease who will benefit from the research this raffle will help fund. A true win-win scenario!
    Agreed --- and after hearing that so many of you have been in the same situation, you have my word that I am going to do my very best to do more about it -- learn more, contribute more -- get more involved. Regardless of the outcome, there is no way that I am going to let my father's 5 years of pain and suffering go unnoticed. No chance!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Everyone,

Now that the raffle is over, I wanted to share with you some comments from my family..

From my sister:

"It has taken me some time to figure out how best to express my feelings to all of you… and there are still no words that can do justice, but I will try. Following my father’s most recent cancer recurrence, my days had been filled with fear, doubt, and sadness. From there- I went to anger, rage, and desperation. I was in the midst of succumbing to just feeling numb, when my brother David first showed me what he had put together. After reading the first few messages from all of you, I was unprepared for the flood of emotions I felt. Encouragement. Support. Compassion. Humanity. Hope. Emotions I had not felt in a very very long time. Emotions my heart and my soul had been longing to feel, but were having trouble finding on their own. And then the messages and support- many from virtual strangers- just kept coming in….. and it moves me to my core each and every time I read them. If it gives me renewed hope and strength to help my father fight this, I can only imagine what it does for him. Knowing we are not alone in this is priceless. You have reached out to a family in need and have truly made a difference, touching all of our hearts. Your generosity, kind words, and prayers will NEVER be forgotten. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. And for those of you fighting the good fight, or helping a loved one through it, know you are not alone. There are people out there thinking of you, praying for you, and pulling for you.
    Rebekah Fabrikant (Dave's lil sis)"

And from my brother, who some of you have met:

"When Dave showed me and family the raffle and what everyone was writing it had a tremendous impact. We couldn't believe the outpouring of support. The stories were very moving and it made us feel like we were not alone. It struck me that before facing such tribulations it probably does not occur to a person how important it is to connect with others. However, when in the midst of battle the power of connection can lift ones spirit from despair into meaning. You're words and deeds have done that and brought a great deal of uplifting energy to us all. Thank you. May you all be merited with rightful deeds and may these dollars be used towards supporting doctors, scientists, and nurses in finding new treatments.
    Thank you all for you're meritous acts and Good Sound and HEALTH to you all.
    Brother Jay Fab"
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave and Family,

As always, you remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace,
    Jim

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would post an update.

My father is now FINISHED with both his radiation and chemotherapy. The doctors are calling this the halfway point as it wall take about 6 more weeks for the effects of this treatment to leave his system and for him to heal. It will be about 2 weeks before they plan to remove the feeding tube and hopefully, he will be able to carry on a normal conversation before then.

It has been a difficult time, some close calls and a few extended hospital stays, but my father has willed his way though this. The docs' won't make any determination as to how effective this treatment was until his PET scan in 6 weeks.

Our fingers are crossed and we are hoping the worst is over.

Thanks again for all of your support!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Congrats to your Father Dave.

Hope you had a good relaxing trip.

You and your family remain in my prayers.

Peace,

Jim

Dave-

Glad to hear that your dad is done with this round of treatments. Hopefully they will have been successful and you and your family can start to restore some semblance of order and peace of mind. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

The Colemans

My prayers are with you and your family, Dave. I hope the treatments take effect and all is well.

My father goes in today for bone marrow testing due to low hemoglobin. I am praying it is not cancer related.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I've been away from the Forum for awhile so this is the first I've heard. To both Dave & Ed, our prayers are with you.

David