Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Charity Raffle -- Please Read!!

Quote Originally Posted by sensibull View Post
    The odds were heavily in favor of craigsub, shadowlight, or one of the other multi-ticket buyers. My math skills are terrible, but I think craigsubs odds were something like 1 in 4.
    There were a total of 176 tickets sold.. Craig went in for 10 tickets, that gives him a 5.7% chance, or 1 in 17.6

Still haven't checked to see just who the winners are but wow, muzz and Mark were soooo close!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    There were a total of 176 tickets sold.. Craig went in for 10 tickets, that gives him a 5.7% chance, or 1 in 17.6
    But there were four prizes. Wouldn't that increase the odds to 4 in 17.6? Like I said, my math is horrendous though.

**Please** don't get me wrong. Those guys deserve a better chance, for donating more. In any case, I think everyone would agree that winning or not winning the raffle is the least important thing in all this. Here's to hoping the words of encouragement give your dad a lift.

I can't but wonder whether music has helped him through all this. They say it has wonderful healing properties, and it certainly has helped me get through many a rough patch.
    Last edited by sensibull; 07-25-2007 at 05:42 PM.

Congrats to the winners. I was one off from the second prize (had #32), come to think of it, I was one ounce off for the baby pool as well. It was for a great cause. Hats off to the winners.

But there were four prizes. Don't you divide 17 by 4? Like I said, my math is horrendous though.
    Hi sens.... I was figuring the chances for winning the first prize.. ( I think craig already has a half dozen X-subs and some 170s -- actually, he has Sierra's too)

In Craig's situation, just multiply the percentage by 4 (4 prizes), for the percentage chance to win anything. In this case, it is very close to your original calculation of 1 in 4
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I can't but wonder whether music has helped him through all this. They say it has wonderful healing properties.
    Great point! Unfortunately, his first Chemo treatments (over 4 years ago) left him with a very bad case of Tinnitus...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

wow, I won!! 2nd place! ticket #33. I get to hear some 340s and an x-sub! I can't wait! I was gunning for the Sierras of course (edit: the wife loves the bamboo), but this is quite exciting. Nice present to come home to after making it through the second of 3 days of the CA bar exam.

Dave, thanks so much. Very glad to contribute to this cause. Turns out Sloan Kettering was where my wife's aunt was treated for breast cancer (and sadly, passed away). So I definitely feel a connection.

I hope things continue to go well with your Dad. I wish your family all the best.
    Last edited by ebh; 07-25-2007 at 08:37 PM.

A hearty congratulations to all the winners as well as all who donated and sent/send their love and support!
    Since I just bought 2 sierras and 2 cbm 170's, I thought for sure I would win because i don't need any speakers. Alas I had 44 and 45.
    Great job Dave, and everone else.
    Peace,
    Jim

Dave,
    I am not sure if this idea interests you or not but maybe you could do this again on a yearly basis. It could be called the "Cancer Independence Day Raffle" to aid in finding an opportunity that our future generations could someday be independent from the disease.
    Last edited by marksanctuary; 07-25-2007 at 07:57 PM.
    Yamaha RX-V2400 receiver, CMT-340SE center, CBM-170SE mains, Axiom QS8 sides, no backs yet

Wink

I think I feel fortunate in the fact that I can still brag that the only thing I've ever won was a beer mug, and I don't drink.

Congrats to those 4 special numbers.

And I hope congrats to Mr. Fabrikant and his valiant fight. Thanks for the opportunity Dave and hope to do this again next year.

The odds were heavily in favor of craigsub, shadowlight, or one of the other multi-ticket buyers. My math skills are terrible, but I think craigsubs odds were something like 1 in 4.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I missed the winning boat by a long way . For me it was a pleasure to contribute towards the cause which was more personal, than winning.

Personally, I do not own any Ascend speakers but hoping to listen to some soon and if I am ever in the market will definitely consider Ascend.

Congratulation to folks who contributed and won.

I am going back to my lurker mode.
    Last edited by shadowlight; 07-26-2007 at 05:16 AM.