Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need SACD Player Recommendations

Default Need SACD Player Recommendations

Assuming SACD is the way to go to listen to "reference" quality Hi-Rez music,
    I was wondering what you all are using for a player. I would like to enter into the SACD world so I can add more audiophile music to supplement my DVD-A collection, and make my Ascend HT sound it's best.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Timbre; 07-01-2007 at 05:41 PM.
    Sierra 1 R/L
    CMT-340 SE Center!
    CBM-170 SE Surrounds
    HTM-200 Rears
    HSU VTF-3 MK2 Sub
    Arcam AVR300 Receiver
    Arcam DV79 CD, DVD, DVD-A Player
    Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player
    Sony Bravia KLV-V40A10 40" HD LCD

Wink

I am using an Oppo DV-970HD, as are a few other members here I believe. Plays SACD, DVD-A, and Flac files. Also upconverts your standard dvd playback for your movie collection. May not be the best, but for 150.00 its doing well.

Thanks bdfin.
    I looked at the Oppo and I like the thin profile. I was wondering how you have your audio connected, co-axial or optical intercconnections.
    Also do you have analog-audio output?
    And what kind of difference can you hear between SACD and CD?
    Sierra 1 R/L
    CMT-340 SE Center!
    CBM-170 SE Surrounds
    HTM-200 Rears
    HSU VTF-3 MK2 Sub
    Arcam AVR300 Receiver
    Arcam DV79 CD, DVD, DVD-A Player
    Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player
    Sony Bravia KLV-V40A10 40" HD LCD

Smile

It has HDMI if your amp/receiver has that available. It also has digital coax or optical. It shows in the manual a pair of ports called mixed and says if you have none of the above connections to use this which appears to be a standard left right analog connection. Right now I am using the coax connection to my receiver. Could use the optical but don't have one extra optical cable at the moment. It comes with an HDMI cable and the digital coax cable. I have only had it for about a month and do not have any SACD discs yet. I have played dvd-a and discs burned with FLAC files. I use the HDMI to connect to my Samsung display. The dvd-a and standard dvd movies look and sound great.

I also have a Oppo 970HD.

I have it hooked up via optical for use as a CD player and DVD(DD & DTS), and by the 5.1 analog outputs for DVD-A and SACD....for the price, you can't beat it.
    -curtis

Default Ps3

With the price drop, I really jumped on it. Supposed to be a very good SACD player. I'm waiting for mine to show up.

Price drop?

Quote Originally Posted by chas
    Price drop?
    Yes, I'm talking about PS3(it's in the title of my message). It dropped from 599 to 499 this week and Amazon is running a promo. They are including the Bluetuth remote control and Memento BD.
    Last edited by Sam1000; 07-11-2007 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1000
    With the price drop, I really jumped on it. Supposed to be a very good SACD player. I'm waiting for mine to show up.
    To use it as an SACD player, aren't you limited to stereo output if you don't have a receiver with HDMI input with audio decoding?

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    To use it as an SACD player, aren't you limited to stereo output if you don't have a receiver with HDMI input with audio decoding?
    Yes, that is correct. It does not have Analog audio output. You need to have HDMI 1.1 capable receiver to output in multi channel mode.