Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
Wow, that's so tough because of all of the genres. That's like picking only one album in each of the broadest levels of genres (rock/pop, jazz, classical, country, hip-hop/rap)

I'm not sure where I would start.
I can narrow it down a bit - you can probably omit country and hip-iddy-hop/rap from the list

I think sensibull hit the nail on the head with the "grok" reference (nicely done btw, i'm a Heinlein fan, but hadn't read SIASL in so long, I had forgotten the meaning) - basically I'm looking for music that everyone should experience. I already see some albums in here that sure, I've heard some of the songs and recogize them, but I really need to own them and hear them in my own home on my setup to "grok" them . So, just trying to find out what else you guys would suggest...

Chas - I would call or email those Chesky guys, I seem to remember I recieved my disc rather quickly.

Metalaaron, Sensibull, Drewface - thanks for the lists thus far. I already see some stuff I need...

Oh and drewface, I don't mind niche - throw it out there. I'll google it at least