Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I demo 170's or 340's?

Somewhere in one of these threads is a picture of the 340 on it's matching stand but I cannot no longer find it. If you know where it is will you point me to it please? Also, if there is somebody from Houston who will let me stop by for 10-15 minutes to hear their speakers I will bring them a sixer of their favorite hops. Thanks!

here you go:

-curtis

Thanks curtis..those look pretty cool. Makes em' look like towers. Does anybody know if they are fillable?

yes...they are fillable.

-curtis

Man that looks dangerous, Curtis.... if one has little ones running around, anyway. I'm nervous enough about my HTM-200s sitting on small 2.5' stands.

I have an almost 6 month old boy that's growing up fast.

The Ascend stands are 24", my stands are 31" high, but the bases are a bit larger. The Ascend stand's column looks like it would hold more sand than my stands, mine are narrower.

Putting those factors together, I think the Ascend stands would be pretty stable.

I have a 6 yr. old and a 4 yr. old.....no problems at all....yet.

-curtis

I ordered 340's all the way around...what the heck. Also went with the hsu vtf2. Can't wait. Thanks all.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by oontahey

I ordered 340's all the way around...what the heck. Also went with the hsu vtf2. Can't wait. Thanks all.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Mine shipped today. [] Four packages weighing in at 151lbs for five 340s and matching stands for the fronts. No new sub for me. I already have an SVS 20-39 PCi.

An infinite baffle subwoofer is next. Unfortunately it will likely be a Summer or Fall project because of financial and other issues.

Cool man! Email me when you are all fired up and let me know what you think. I went with the hsu cuz they had it for 449$ and free shipping...but I might order that little svs cylinder and AB it...should be fun.

Will do. Just out of curiosity, what did you decide to do in regards to placement for the surrounds?

Once I get mine set up and broken in a bit I'm hoping to get Azanon to bring his 200s by and AB them with my 340 surrounds. Maybe I could talk CliffL into coming over and bringing his 170s! []