Thread: FINALLY bought some decent electronics!

Thumbs up FINALLY bought some decent electronics!

I will be retiring my Yamaha HTR-5550 very soon.......
    It seems I got pregnant,and am about to give birth to twins.....

Boston Acoustic Twins that is!!

The big Brother BA A7200 amp fought his way out already, it hardly even hurt,he only weighed $735
    His lil sister the AV7 P/P(I talked to the GYN, she is physically the same size,but lighter of course), is taking a bit longer to join the party, but my ebay doctor tells me that I may have her by the end of next week..... she only weighed $650(incl S+H)

So soon I will be able to team up the Panasonic AX100U, Sierra L/C/R to some decent electronics...

Geez, this pregnancy stuff is stressful, and kids cost alot(at least for me!!)!!

Talking

Corney? Yeah it was, but REAL? yes, it is.
    For the price of a decent AVR, I am getting a pretty decent SEPERATES starter kit at the LEAST.
    HDMI? I don't care about it at this point, I can always get an HDMI box if I want......

Folks that wait for a good product, with regards to 1.3 are a bit misguided IMO.. there will ALWAYS be folks that supply switches at a a REASONABLE $ IMO (in the future).

Very real upgrade for me.

Do I sound pumped? I should!!!

Great news muzz,take good care of these babies.

I certainly will j

The AV7 should be here Wednesday!!

Well??
    -curtis

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    Well??
    Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    it sounds.............FABULOUS!!!

Wow

I've only listened to a couple of CDS, in 6.1 direct, and optical....

Tighter bass, more detailed high end, but NOT harsh at all (at least so far..... she's home...... heheheh).

Sound is ALOT better than the Yamaha, and I haven't even dug into the menus hard/done a real setup yet!!

Smiles are all around the world I see....... maybe because my smile is blinding everything else out!!

Lots of playing to do still!!
    Where I am now, is a serious step up though!!

NOW I will hear the sierras really shine!!

Thumbs up Very Worth while Upgrade

This combo is a NICE step up from my Yamaha HTR-5550, Music sounds better, movies sound better.

Pretty EZ to setup as well, I was expecting a nightmare (from all I've read), but to me, it seems to be pretty straight forward.

Optical and 6 channel input both work fine, in stereo, DD, and TruHD(6ch in), I haven't tried any DTS discs yet, but i imagine they will work fine as well.

I still haven't had the chance to really crank it up, I did for about 1 minute...

It sounded great, and there was plenty left..... can't wait to get home Tomm., maybe I'll have some time to do that.

Smiles are still here........

Talking

Cranked it up today......

WOW, these Sierras sound DAMN FINE!!

My yammy could NOT make these sing like this, and I thought they sounded great before.

Folks that are sitting on the fence in regards to Pre/Pro+Amp or AVR...
    Get the Pre/pro+Amp IMO
    Plus the amp can stay when times change/newer technologies emerge..
    ALWAYS gonna need to amplify, I hate watching folks buy new expensive AVRS everytime some new doodad becomes available.

Headroom is a big deal.

The Sierras seem to LOVE clean power, it was like all of the sudden BAM- there it is, sounding sweet!!

I hear folks saying it doesn't make a BIG difference, well in my case(Yamaha HTR-5550 to Boston AVP7/A7200 amp) there is a BIG difference, especially at higher volume levels.