Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Any matching stands for the naturals?

I have 50 lbs. of sand in each of my "Jason" stands.

Some guys came over for a listening session(and a session on EQing my sub with a BFD and REW), and one of the guys mentioned that they looked like $400 stands.

don't get any ideas Jason!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I have 50 lbs. of sand in each of my "Jason" stands.
    Yeah...I think yours are taller than mine. Mine put the tweeter at exactly ear height when sitting in an Ikea Poang "listening" chair.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    that they looked like $400 stands.

don't get any ideas Jason!
    Get all the ideas you want...we already have ours!

Oh yeah...I think mine at a fair amount taller than yours....31", but I think my column is a bit narrower.

When I get a new TV, I am going to want a center channel stand....so Jason needs to keep his prices down!
    -curtis

Thanks for the nice words...and no worries, what I'm charging makes it worth my while.

Jason
    Last edited by JasonColeman; 01-22-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonColeman View Post

Curtis, any idea how tall that CC stand might be?
    Depends on the size of TV I can get/afford. I can't see it happening any time soon though.

The stand will end up sitting on my current TV rack, while I mount the new TV to the wall.....so my guess is no more than 15" or so...if that much.
    -curtis

Quick Update:

I've got one extra pair of 24" stands w/ spikes already made and ready to go for $225 + shipping.

Also, I have enough material left for 2 or 3 more pairs (depending on height).

I most likely will not be re-ordering more Plyboo for stands. Because I have the material shipped up from Richmond, VA I need to order 5 or more sheets at $225 each + tax + freight. To make it worthwhile, I need to order a minimum of 12 sheets. I don't think there's enough interest to warrant 12 sheets and I don't want $2500 of material just gathering dust. Soooooo...if you're interested, please let me know and I'll earmark material for you. Emails can be sent to vikingdwarf@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Jason

Default Re: Any matching stands for the naturals?

First of all, Curtis- I still owe you a quote. We've gotten rolling on the basement project ahead of schedule and I've been busy running CAT-5 and speaker wire like a fiend. I'll let you know by the end of this week.

Also, I have another pair of 24" stands ready to ship with a matching 12" CC stand. I will change the top and bottom plates of the CC stand if the CC speaker is to be used horizontally. I've attached a couple of pics. Cost is $300 + shipping for the trio or $225 for the 24" stands.

Stainless screws are available for a $5 upcharge for the set, but you will need a #2 square drive bit or screwdriver to fasten them. Otherwise, standard #8 x 2" fine thread philips screws are provided.

vikingdwarf@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jason