Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any matching stands for the naturals?

Here are some pics I just snapped:

-curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Here are some pics I just snapped:

is that foam under your center speaker?
    where did u get it?

Quote Originally Posted by domingos1965 View Post
    is that foam under your center speaker?
    where did u get it?
    Yes, they are Auralex MoPads.

You can get them from many different places.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--AURMOPAD
    -curtis

Looks good!

J.

A quick heads up...for those of you that have ordered stands (either via here or AVS or otherwise), your orders are either shipping on Monday or are in the pipeline and should be out in about a week and a half. My wife and I are going to start finishing our basement at the end of January and since I will be doing most of the work myself, I will be out of the proverbial biz for about 4 months or so. Between teaching, taking Master's coursework, finishing the basement and playing husband and father the best that I can, I won't be able to find time to build stands for a while. That being said, I still have about 2.5 sheets of Plyboo remaining from my most recent order (thanks, Santa!) and if folks are interested in getting stands sooner than later, now is the time. Please send interest to vikingdwarf@gmail.com and I will be happy to quote you a price.

Thanks,

Jason

Here's some long overdue shots of the stands Jason made for me:

All the parts came neatly labeled. I had a few issues with some shipping damage, but Jason handled it very professionally, and has since improved his packaging methods.

Assembly partly done...

...and filled with sand.

All done! One buddy of mine, a skilled woodworker, was surprised when I told them the stands weren't built in the same factory as the speakers...the finish is a very close match. Thanks, Jason!

Default Basement

Quote Originally Posted by JasonColeman View Post
    My wife and I are going to start finishing our basement at the end of January and since I will be doing most of the work myself, I will be out of the proverbial biz for about 4 months or so.
    Hopefully your remodel doesn't take as long as mine, I've been finishing the basement for almost a year now, we had a new born in Oct and our second < 2 yr old as made it difficult. Hopefully I'll be closer to finishing mine up and can order some in 4 months.

Good luck,
    Brent

clarke, looks very nice. That's a lot of sand, how many pounds in each speaker?

Clarke-

Thanks for the nice post! I'm glad the stands are working out for you.

Brent-

Congrats on the new addition! We're going to explore the 2nd child territory pretty soon. I hope all is well with you and your family and that everybody is getting some semblance of sleep! Whenever you'd like stands just let me know...hopefully our basement will be done by summer.

I've already received 3 emails for stands and have enough Plyboo for about 3 or 4 more. Please let me know if you're interested and I'll put together a price for you.

Thanks,

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy View Post
    clarke, looks very nice. That's a lot of sand, how many pounds in each speaker?
    Thanks!

That's about 25 lbs. per side. I actually had 50 lbs. per side in the Ascend TP-24 stands that these replaced. I (quickly) got tired of moving those around, so the measurements I gave Jason were specifically intended to fill up with 1/2 the sand.

You could probably have a perfectly non-resonant stand with less, but you know audio: nothing succeeds like excess!