Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any matching stands for the naturals?

Yeah, I've been lucky so far, but I'm sure I'll be seeing more of those grilles in my future! Hopefully I'll put them on the right way!

J.

Jason,
    Those are fabulous looking! Guess you've found a 'side job' that could fund your HT upgrades for some time.

Thanks! Yeah, if anybody is interested, I'm happy to build them to their specs. It may take a couple of weeks though, because school starts back up on the 27th. Also, I've already started ordering more materials from Eco Supply in Richmond, VA that should be arriving at the end of next week.

J.

I figured I'd take an opportunity to post some pics of the most recent batch of stands that I just finished and shipped yesterday. A couple of differences on round 2: I finished the stands with a semi-gloss clear lacquer (which is what Dave F said that is used on the Sierras) instead of tung oil. The results are, in my opinion, perfect. Also, I followed another forum member's suggestion and tried GR Research spikes and love them. They're a bit more money, but definitely a superior product. Also, I rounded over the front corners of the top plate to match the profile of the baffle on the Sierra. Finally, I added a solid block in the bottom of the columns and glued and caulked it in so that when adding sand, there isn't any concern about the connection between the column and the base.

On with the pics:

Roundover on the top plate:

New spikes:

Spikes mounted:

One of the short stands and one of the tall stands:

Pic of one of the short stands:

Pic of one of the tall stands:

Pic with speaker:

Pic with speaker no grille:

Shipping has been between $35 and $55 depending on size, weight, and destination.

J.

i LIKE the changes!

they are gonna look SO much better than the tv tables that my sierra's are sitting on now...

Those look awesome!

I can't wait until they get here!

Mine are scheduled to arrive on the 10th...and I will be showing them off the weekend after!
    -curtis

Wow - those look great.

My stands from Jason were delivered on Monday, and I just had time to set them up and fill with sand!!

Fabulous!

I will post pics tomorrow when the living room is a little more presentable.

Thanks Jason!!
    -curtis

J.