Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any matching stands for the naturals?

Absolutely. PM or email me (vikingdwarf@gmail.com) the specs and we can work out a price. Just a word of warning...the Plyboo runs $200 for a 4x8 sheet and shipping is pricey when you're talking sheets of ply. However, if enough people are interested the shipping becomes less of an issue. It's about $100 for 1-5 sheets, so if a handful of folks wanted stands, the shipping could be offset. Shipping the finished product should be reasonable, especially for 24" stands. I'd guess about $20-30.

Thanks,

J.

Thumbs up

those look absolutely fantastic! very nice work
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Thanks! I was hoping to have them done this afternoon, but I'm going to put another coat of oil on them. If I get a chance later, I'll snap some more pics.

J.

Very cool. I might be interested in a pair as well.

It would have been cool to have done my entertainment rack in plyboo. Not cheap since it took two 4x8 sheets, but cool and easy (just cutting and finishing, no real woodworking).

Yeah, I'll be building a wall mounted rack out of the 3/4" plyboo. It's really a great material...I just need to finalize a design.

Feel free to email me at vikingdwarf@gmail.com with some specs/measurements and I'll be glad to quote you a price.

J.

Well I just finished with the final assembly of the stands. Overall, I'm very happy with them. The finish turned out a bit darker than I like, so I'll experiment with a couple of other products to get it dead on. The only things I still have to do are run the speaker wire inside the column and fill them with sand.

Here are a few pics...

View of the stand upside-down:

Close-up view of the base plate:

Angled view of the stand:

Close up view of the bottom of the column with roundover:

Angled view with speaker:

Front view with speaker:

Pic with grille on:

Now to get crackin' on that wall unit!

J.

Jason....looks great!

FYI....your grille is upside down in the pic. The top of the grille should be flush with the top of the speaker. In the proper position, you will notice that the top of the grille frame does not sit in front of any part of the tweeter.
    -curtis

Curtis...you're quick and perceptive! I just shot you another email.

Thanks for noticing the grille...I never use them, so I didn't even notice. Doh!

J.

Here we go...thanks for catching that!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonColeman View Post
    Thanks for noticing the grille...I never use them.....
    Wait until your kid gets older! My daughter, who just turned 8, was with me when I picked up my Sierras...so she saw me set them up and look at the drivers. It was the first time she has ever seen my speakers with the grille off. My son, who is 10, still hasn't.
    -curtis