Thread: Aurum Cantus L2SE with stands and crossover mod

Default Aurum Cantus L2SE with stands and crossover mod (price drop and update)

I'm making plans to swap things around and I've decided that after almost 4 years, I'm going to let my Aurum Cantus L2SE's go. First, a few notes about these speakers:

These were purchased on the last (as far as I know) group buy for the "U.S." versions before Kellsie AV started importing them. Components include:

Aurum Cantus G2 tweeters
    Aurum Cantus AC130MkII woofers
    Crossovers include Mundorf M-Cap Supreme capacitors

I sent my pair over to Rick Craig at Selah Audio who did some crossover tweaking. I asked Rick since he is quite skilled and has used these drivers. While I couldn't compare them side-by-side, I think the changes made them a bit cleaner sounding.

These are excellent sounding speakers.

The cabinets are mappa burl (what AC calls poplar - mappa is a form of poplar) and piano black with a high gloss finish. These are some seriously good looking speakers.

I'm including the Aurum Cantus 24" stands as well. These stands are also gloss piano black with leather (not sure if it's real or artificial) front and back panels. Unfortunately, the stands sustained damage in transit from China. The protective foam broke loose and the stands smacked against each other. On the bright side, the damage is mostly to the top platform which is either covered by the speakers or on the underside of the top platform. There are some other visible nicks on the botom platform. They are great stands that weigh in at ~25lbs each and have threaded inserts for spikes (stock spikes are included).

So, bottom line...I'm looking for $700 $600 for the speakers and stands plus shipping (I'll absorb any PayPal fees). I think that's a very good price for excellent speakers including stands and crossover modification by Rick Craig.

Speakers and stands will ship in their original boxes - the speakers actually came triple-boxed. (I will, of course, fix the flaw with the foam in the stand box).

Without grills:

With grills:

Rear view:

Side view:

Biggest stand damage (large piece of surface chipped off and was glued back on - is normally covered by speaker):

Last edited by BradJudy; 06-03-2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Price drop

Bump and update.

In going over the speakers closely again, there is a semi-circular dent in the top of one of the speakers. I took a picture and attached it below. I intentionally used the flash to exaggerate the mark.

So here's the deal, I was going to do a price reduction anyway after one week, so I'm going to cut the price more because of this dent.

New price is $600 plus shipping (I'll cover Paypal costs).

I know something other than Sierras is probably a hard sell in this forum, but I'm keeping ads in the three audio forums I spend the most time in these days.

Sale in progress.