View Poll Results: Sierra-1 finish: What's your vote?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naturals

19 52.78%
  • Piano Black

14 38.89%
  • Custom

3 8.33%

Thread: Sierras finish: What's your vote?

Default Sierra Cabinet finish: What's your vote?

Now we have to choose between the cabinet finishes, what's your vote?
    Last edited by Abhi; 05-25-2007 at 06:16 PM.

i'd probably go with the piano black. while i think the natural finish looks better than most speakers with a wood veneer or something like that, i still prefer solid black speakers.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

I was at the Ascend Acoustics facility this past Thursday and met David. I purchased the piano black. He was good enough to let me look at the natural bamboo finish. They are both very nice.

My speakers are going into a custom cabinet so color isn't as important and the black would ultimately be a better match. The piano finish will require significantly greater amount of TLC. The bamboo finish is really stunning and looks better in person than the few pictures I have seen. It (the finish) also looks and feel much more durable and more "kid-friendly."

My vote is piano black because that's what I bought. Bamboo/natural is a good bet if this finish fits your decor and you are looking for durability.

David - thanks much. I hope to have many years of enjoyment w/ your speakers!

Well, I was set on Bamboo for a few weeks. And I mean set. And then it came time to order. I looked at the photos one last time and went...."yeah...gotta have the piano black."

Time to go buy more microfiber!

PS: The black will match the decor in my HT much better than the natural, unfortunately.
    Jon O.

i voted piano black... though i guess if price was no issue, the custom finish would be a no brainer... seeing as how they can match any color.