Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sierra-1 Update

Sounds like I'll be getting b-stock Hard to say no to a 100$ rebate given the description of the b-stock. Maybe I should have asked to put a few hairline scratches on my 340SE and give me a 100$ discount on them too when I purchased them Besides, they should not have a huge impact on sound quality!
    Last edited by GirgleMirt; 05-24-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    The 12% B-stock discount also applies to discounted package systems.
    What is the standard discount for "package systems", assuming it is a standard percentage. I would guess this applies to "3 or more" speakers?

I can't find it specified anywhere in the forum or site.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas
    What is the standard discount for "package systems", assuming it is a standard percentage. I would guess this applies to "3 or more" speakers?

I can't find it specified anywhere in the forum or site.
    If you use the "System Advisor", it looks to be 9%-10%. So take another 12% off that....pretty good deal!
    -curtis

I've got a mantra I've been chanting in my head for the last few days and it goes something like this.

I love my 340SE system
    It's the best system I've ever had
    my 340's are only 3 months old
    my room isn't the best
    better speakers probably won't make that much of a difference
    I don't NEED the Sierras
    stop reading the reviews!

Seriously thou Dave

Congrats on another ground breaking product and it's nice to know I've got an "upgrade path" from the 340se should I ever want to take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by jermy4
    Dave are these new speakers shielded? Also, any updates on the natural b-stocks, I think I'm #3 on that list?
    The Sierra's are not fully magnetically shielded. If you require full magnetic shielding, please let us know when you place the order. If you already have an order placed and you did not specify shielding, please call us ASAP.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by jsotelo
    I've got a mantra I've been chanting in my head for the last few days and it goes something like this.

I love my 340SE system
    It's the best system I've ever had
    my 340's are only 3 months old
    my room isn't the best
    better speakers probably won't make that much of a difference
    I don't NEED the Sierras
    stop reading the reviews!

Seriously thou Dave

Congrats on another ground breaking product and it's nice to know I've got an "upgrade path" from the 340se should I ever want to take the plunge.
    Yeah... me too.
    I just got a new pair of 170SE's for my office system... just before I read about these new beauties!
    Upgrade-itis sux.

I just have to stop logging on to this site for a while or I'll have some new speakers coming my way...

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

I am sorry that you have had difficulties in the initial enclosers. James called today with the discount for the minor imperfections which I gladly took him up on. I'm looking forward to hearing the fruits of your long labor. Best of luck to you.

P.S.

I intend to bring the Sierra's to the next HT get together here in central Florida (mostly members of Audioholics and Sound &Vision). Our last one featured AV123 products and one by Usher (real nice little speaker for music).
    Last edited by BOLTS; 05-24-2007 at 05:39 PM.
    DEN: Bryston 2BLP Parasound Halo P-3 NAD T-533
    Yamaha MCX-1000 Thorens td-185 Monarchy 20
    Infinity Kappa 400 M&K sx-70

Family room Marantz SR7002 Outlaw LFM 1+
    Ascend Sierra-1 (l/r)
    Ascend Sierra-1 (c)
    Definitive Technology BP2X
    Toshiba A2

Hi davef, sorry to here about the quality control issue. I hope you and your vender can agree on the source of the problen and work things out. To take a hit on your already slim margin has to hurt at least alittle bit. Sounds like the piano finish needs abit more care and attention than the natural finish.I'm just quessing here as I know nothing about about louspeaker cabinet production. I hope the issue is a minor one and easily corrected.

Hi Jvillas,

Thanks for the kind words... Yes, selling B-stock absolutely hurts the bottom-line. Truth is I am confident we could sell these as A-stock but I just don't feel right doing so.

We are presently negotiating with an expert piano repairman who looked at these and assured me that he could easily buff out the scratches (they are surface only).

I would say the natural finish is even more durable than our black matte finish. A little funiture polish or murphy's oil and wow -- good as new. I had a unit sitting outdoors for at least 2-years. We polished it up with a good furniture oil and it looks as good as new. Remarkable actually...

Any piano-black finish is high maintenance... It looks stunning but needs to be handled with great care. Hairline scratches are inevitable. The pair I had at home looked incredible and I thought I took immaculate care of them -- when I brought them into the office under direct fluorescent lighting, those tiny scratches caused by remote controls, empty cups, CD cases etc. become quite noticeable.

I am just happy that we are finally shipping and the performance and component quality is spot on. This is a difficult task as we are relying on many different vendors from all over the world.

Thanks for all the support!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hopefully the need for an expert piano repaiman will be short term and limited. My guess is that this is an unexspected expense. I don't know what is best whether to seek a long term contract at an agreed price, or whether to go with an as needed per unit basis where you negoiate a price for each repair. Of course all of us (entire Ascend Acoustics Community)hope this need wil simply go away,disappear,and become a glitch, a slight wrinkle, without inpact at the other end(final retail price).

I am amazed at your ability to juggle all aspects of your business successfully,and this being for just one loudspeaker.

With the introduction of the Sierra-1 I feel that I am learning about the loudspeaker busines and alot about Ascend Acoustics. Thank you for sharing.

One more hope, Hopefufully you will successfully negociate what you feel is a fair price for this service.