Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sierra-1 Update

Default Sierra-1 Update

I thought I would just share with you an update on the Sierra’s (coming up for a short breath )

Loads of naturals went out today, with more scheduled for tomorrow and Friday. The naturals look fantastic and I am very pleased with the cabinet quality and, more importantly, performance. The speakers are measuring spot on!

However, as with most first production runs we have run into a minor snag on the piano-blacks. Due to some packaging/handling errors from our cabinet manufacturer, we are experiencing a much larger percentage of B-stock than I am comfortable with. Due to the remarkable reflective properties of our piano-black, even the smallest hairline scratch can be seen under close inspection under direct fluorescent light. The front baffle of the speakers have tiny hairline scratches that the vendor believes was caused by the grille during transit. I don’t necessarily agree but I must take their word for it.

These scratches are in the clear coat and buffing them out is possible but time consuming. We can not spend the time to do so, so our bad luck becomes something great for you.

I am going to B-stock the majority of these cabinets even though I feel they are significantly better than typical B-stock (probably A-stock from most manufacturers). I just don’t feel comfortable passing these off as A-stock even though I am sure the vast majority of you would be extremely happy with the finish. Most people who have already seen these just say “wow, beautiful”. In a typical room with typical lighting, the hairline scratches are VERY difficult to notice, and nearly impossible to notice from more than 1 foot away. Additionally, they are mostly underneath the grille frame.

I have tried to take some pictures but the hairline scratches don’t show up.

We have set B-stock pricing for these at 12% off. That brings a pair down to $755.04 + shipping. The 12% B-stock discount also applies to discounted package systems. Trust me when I say that this is an unbelievable bargain. Of course, our 30-day satisfaction guarantee still applies, as does the 7 year parts and labor warranty.

Please give us a call if you wish to place an order. If you already have a pending order for piano-black, we will contact you by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Wow. No more waiting for them to be put up on the website. What time do the phones open tomorrow?

Oh, one more thing...I'm ordering 3 across the front. Does the 12% come off of the individual one as well, or just the L/R pairs? Or are those even available as b-stock (with the longer grill)?

Quote Originally Posted by c_smith
    Oh, one more thing...I'm ordering 3 across the front. Does the 12% come off of the individual one as well, or just the L/R pairs? Or are those even available as b-stock (with the longer grill)?
    "The 12% B-stock discount also applies to discounted package systems." I read that as 12% on top of your package(3 or more speakers) discount.

Thanks. Just noticed that myself.

Default I was #2 on B stock list

I placed my order on Friday for B stock. James told me that I was #2 on B stock waiting list. Will mine ship tomorrow????

Thumbs up

B stock available huh?
    Gee, I'd never buy "B" stock, what ya think I am?

I wanted to go natural, but I have been contemplating Black instead, because my speakers are within 2 inches of the bottom of my screen, and even the 170's I have now showed reflection ( untill I put Triple Black Velvet on top of them!!).

Considering I have to cover them a bit, I don't think it matters what color I get, it's the SOUND that matters....

Hmmmmmmm where did I hear that before?......... I let ya all know when I remember?

Dave are these new speakers shielded? Also, any updates on the natural b-stocks, I think I'm #3 on that list?

Quote Originally Posted by jermy4
    Dave are these new speakers shielded? Also, any updates on the natural b-stocks, I think I'm #3 on that list?
    They asked me when I ordered whether or not I need shielding.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    They asked me when I ordered whether or not I need shielding.
    I wasn't asked but I really need mine to be shielded.