Thread: Some Thoughts And Speculations

Smile Some Thoughts And Speculations

With the release,and imminent success of Sierra-1. I doubt that the Sierra is a stand alone product,and that there are other models to be produced down the pike. I would not be surprised at all to see a subwoofer cabinet made of bamboo. Hopefully scheduled for release this summer.Given Daves commitment to sound quality and value and to Ascend owners this just makes sence to me.

To go even further, and given the years toward developemnt with the Sierra, I would not be surprised if Dave is already contemplating,or may be already working on what is beyond the Sierra.

What about the 200,170, and 340? Will there be any further developement to these loudspeakers? Great Great loudspeakers they are, I sort of doubt it. I'm not sure about this, but I do not think there is a trickle down technology from the Sierras to these models. I could be wrong. Dave left open a a very slight possibility if cost can be justified.

The New Sierra with its advanced design and from some preliminary reports of its sound quality,a cut above the great 340 has ushered in a new era for Ascend Acoustics. These are exciting times. I'm glad to here too.

To all you Sierra owners I'm jealous. Hey, I'm saving to get myself a pair.

I've been thinking about upgrading, but the name sierra-1 makes me wonder. Are there other designs based on the cabinet that are coming, i.e. a sierra-2. A full range speaker maybe?

All good points ---

Our 200, 170, 340 are our mainstay products. The company was built on these. No doubt the Sierra is a step up product but I would be quite surprised if sales volume even approached the 170/340. For some, the 340 and even 170 might be more appropriate.

We have absolutely NO plans to stop supporting or stop improving any of our products... Seriously, the CBM-170 is somewhat of a legend, it is not going anywhere
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi nguay, my post is mostly speculation. From Dave and some early reports the Sierra can reach below 40hrz. This is quite impressive. For me a 2channel music only listener(not into HT) I would not find a great need for a subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    All good points ---

Our 200, 170, 340 are our mainstay products. The company was built on these. No doubt the Sierra is a step up product but I would be quite surprised if sales volume even approached the 170/340. For some, the 340 and even 170 might be more appropriate.

We have absolutely NO plans to stop supporting or stop improving any of our products... Seriously, the CBM-170 is somewhat of a legend, it is not going anywhere

Hi davef, thank you for your reply. I am absolutley delighted to read your message. I feel quite reassured.

Once the word really gets out, and the Sierra has been reviewed you may have difficulty keeping up with the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by jvillas
    I'm not sure about this, but I do not think there is a trickle down technology from the Sierras to these models. I could be wrong. Dave left open a a very slight possibility if cost can be justified.
    Well, for what it's worth, I'd say that the most apparent area in which the older models could be improved, to my ears, would be their cabinets, and obviously this has been addressed in the Sierra-1 with the bamboo V-LAM technology. I would think that this certainly could be trickled down, albeit at a higher price point. I think it would be a worthwhile middle ground, though, creating another unique class of performance/cost for affordable high-end audio.

Hi Dread Pirate Robert take a quick look at the Sierra -The Cabinet post #33 and #34. I agree with your comments.