Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The AVS Forum Fiasco discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by jvillas

I admire curtis ablility to handle with skill the avs forum

Me too.

I took a long break from there and it is apparent that I need a longer one as I keep getting into it with the same people over the same things.
    Last edited by Quinn; 05-21-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Me too.

I took a long break from there and it is apparent that I need a longer one as I keep getting into it with the same people over the same things.

Yep....different day, same story... whatever.......

Thumbs down

I see ANOTHER Sierra thread got canned...... this is retarded....

Take a look around at how many This Vs That are on there......

I guess the reasoning this time, is something like:
    "A thousand people don't have them yet, and this is a support forum".....
    "When 1000 prs have shipped, we will allow a comparison"

Outright pathetic.....

Quote Originally Posted by muzz
    I see ANOTHER Sierra thread got canned...... this is retarded....

Take a look around at how many This Vs That are on there......

I guess the reasoning this time, is something like:
    "A thousand people don't have them yet, and this is a support forum".....
    "When 1000 prs have shipped, we will allow a comparison"

Outright pathetic.....

Hi Muzz, I was not aware of this one I'll have alook.

Quote Originally Posted by jvillas
    Hi Muzz, I was not aware of this one I'll have alook.

Grandarf said he started a comparison thread ( in the Sierra thread overthere), he linked to it..
    That thread doesn't exist...........

Quote Originally Posted by muzz
    Grandarf said he started a comparison thread ( in the Sierra thread overthere), he linked to it..
    That thread doesn't exist...........

Yes, found it.

Hi Guys,

I am not really sure what or why this is happening. Seems almost like we are being unfairly discriminated against (I wonder why ). Speaker comparisons are done all the time.

The performance of the Sierra speaks for itself and I am confident against it being compared to any bookshelf loudpspeaker at any price... that being said, the guys at AVS have there reasons and I ask that you respect them.

It is David Bott's forum and there is a reason it is the largest A/V forum on the internet... While I don't necessarily agree with what is happening, it is OK -- obviously, the AVS forum staff know what they are doing and know how to run a great forum. Please respect them --- I have shared correspondance with Mr. Bott and I understand his points.

Thanks for your time...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    I am not really sure what or why this is happening. Seems almost like we are being unfairly discriminated against (I wonder why ). Speaker comparisons are done all the time.
    I can understand the position of the forum owner, but more generally, it is an aspect of human nature to want to bring down what others build up. Everyone has a unique view of the world, and what might be genuine enthusiasm on the part of one person could be perceived as hyperbole or delusion by another, and what some people recognize as confidence could be seen as arrogance or smugness by others. To some extent, how far one has come and the impact they've made can be gauged by the degree of polarization of opinion both for and against. In other words, you know you've made your mark when some people love your work while others feel increasing resentment toward it. I guess it's sort of a Yin-Yang kind of thing...maybe....

In any case, what separates the contenders from the pretenders is commitment to doing what one knows is right, regardless of what people say. Clearly, there is much universal enlightenment to be gained from contemplating forum discussions about the virtues of speakers and audio purity. May we all ascend to aural tranquility, and achieve soundness of mind, soundness of spirit, and most important of all, soundness of sound. Bless you all, my children.

Hi Guys,

I am not really sure what or why this is happening. Seems almost like we are being unfairly discriminated against (I wonder why ).
    You have just taken away the two areas your competitors use to market against you; looks and bass extension. You raised the bar, again, for quality of parts at a price point too. Then you added a 7 year, parts and labor, warranty. The reactions are not surprising.
    Last edited by Quinn; 05-22-2007 at 01:45 AM.

the AVS forum staff know what they are doing and know how to run a great forum.
    With this I respectfully disagree...I find the violent fanboyism over there makes it one of the most loathsome audio boards on the 'net. I seldom visit, and when I do I usually leave mad.

I shouldn't be too hard on them, I did learn about Ascend Acoustics at AVS, so I have someone over there to thank for that!

I applaud you for the class & tact with which you handle yourself over there...seems like you need rhinoceros skin to run an ID audio company!