Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sierras, thumbs up up up up up!!!!

Hmm, I have been dusting mine about 3 to 4 times a day. Is that too much?

btw, great get-together today Curtis. I really enjoyed hearing the Sierras vs those other speakers.

I trust there'll be a little review/comparo thread popping up from the forementioned gtg?

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch G
    I trust there'll be a little review/comparo thread popping up from the forementioned gtg?
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...16&postcount=2
    -curtis

OK.......I have moved in to my new place and set up the Sierras. They are not going to stay where they are most likely, but I played them with a few things. The most striking quality to me was the bass response. Deep, punchy and articulate. I have not felt the urge to set up my sub. The midrange and highs are spot on as well. They play bigger than they appear, and sound better the louder I crank them. No strain at all, and the tweeter never sounded harsh yet delivered detailed highs. This is from brief, informal listening. Speakers are too close to the wall and the right speaker behind an angled loveseat in the corner.

The only problem now is a result of the new AQOUS LCD TV. It appears there is a lip sync issue with certain sources(DVD), and I may need to replace my Denon receiver with a model that has a delay feature.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

These Sierras are incredible! The bass in particular just keeps suprising me. I still have not hooked up my sub. It will add some bottom end rumble, no question, but not by much. If these sound good with a mid-priced Denon receiver I am wondering what a seperate amp will do for them.

OK Dave.......when is the bamboo sub coming?
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Finally was able to get back to the forums, don't have internet access at my place...

Nice responses all and I cant wait to get mine! I hope ups is carefull with the speakers. Man would it be a bummer if they arrived damaged.
    I'm going to do what I can to try to lessen the chance of damage by driving to ups and asking them to hold the package for pickup. I'ts about 35 minutes away and I can get them first thing in the morning hopefully instead of waiting around all day for them to arrive.
    I got a call from ascend monday saying that they were going out that day. That means ups should get it by friday over here.

For me, I have gotten used to the quality of the bass.....I expect it now. The items that catch me now are resolution, detail, and transparency.

And when I actually get to sit down and listen..the imaging is great too.
    -curtis

I love the Sierra speakers. I've only just begun to get into the multi-channel listening experience associated with SACD/DVD-Audio and i'm so curious how having Sierra's for all 5 speakers would sound...i'm jealous of some of you guys who already have that!

woohoo...

so i placed my order for some piano black b-stock sierras and htm-200 rears as ascend was closing down shop on june 5th. because it was b-stock, i was quoted a 3-4week before my item would ship. that was fine...

so i don't even check my email for like the last week... turns out they were shipped on tuesday (!!!!) just a week after i ordered them and they will be here on monday! wowowowow.... im so excited. these speakers are gonna go great with my samsung lcd which has a piano black finish as well

Congratulations! I just added a Sierra center channel to my setup. So now I have three piano black Sierras across the front. I'm not using any rears right now.