Thread: speaker stand pads question

Default speaker stand pads question

got my htm 200 rears and sierras along the front and am using speaker stands (wood technology mu 30s) and was curious if it is customary to put the sticky side down (i dont see how this would stabilize the speaker) or sticky side up (seems ike it could hurt the finish of the speaker?)

I do not think the pad is meant for stabalizing the speaker. It is for protecting the speaker's finish.

So sticky side down to attach the pad to the stand.
    -curtis

thanks curtis... one last question for ya before i can fire ascends up for the first time (!!!)

... the sierra-1s came with the ascend badges not already on the speaker. i like the way the badges look so i am putting them on. should i put it on the grill or below the grill where there is the ~ 1 inch of piano black finish (i'm leaning towards the grill as i don't want to mess up the beautiful piano black finish but also want to make sure not to compromise sound quality.

Looking at Ascend's pictures....it is meant to go on the speaker itself.
    -curtis

Not that he needs backup, but ditto to everything Curtis wrote. Just dropped in, thought I'd post. Nothing acoustics about the logos -- your preference as to put them on or not.
    Good Sound to You!

James Greenberg
    www.ascendacoustics.com