Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amp Suggestions with my setup please.

Quote Originally Posted by jvillas
    Now I'm courious and want to know more
    haha. well, the pawn shop was on Broad Street i think. it might be this one: http://www.friedmansloan.com/. i may be wrong about the street it was on, though...
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by chas
    The 1075 looks like a fantastic amp...congrats Zinje! Post some pics if you get a chance.
    Yeah, I was skeptical. I really thought everything sound great just the way it was but started to sense I was missing something at higher volumes. I did not think it was going to make that much of difference. I guess what I was hearing at higher volumes before was just my receiver distorting the signal. Everything sort of mushes together when you crank up the volume. Now that I have this amp it does not distort, so what I am hearing now is the signal with none of the noise and junk superimposed. Now my receiver can concentrate on the processing and let the amp doing all the amplifying

Here are some pics.

Last edited by Zinje; 05-23-2007 at 10:04 PM.

That's a beautiful, clean looking setup. The black amp looks great. Is that a power strip mounted to the wall? My wiring is a mess behind the stand...nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by chas
    That's a beautiful, clean looking setup. The black amp looks great. Is that a power strip mounted to the wall? My wiring is a mess behind the stand...nice work!
    Mine is a big mess too. That is a monster power surge that I have right now. It will be replaced with a Zerosurge behind the stand also :P

Nicely done Zinje,your Ascends are no doubt very happy now.

Default oppo

Is that an Oppo 970 in your rack? How do you like it?

Yes it is the 970. I like it a lot. Compared to my older samsung, the picture on the oppo is better. The 970 is here to hold me over till the format war is over but I am leaning towards hddvd for the XA2 player at the moment. The upconversion on the XA2 is outstanding so it may be worth if for that reason alone if you have loads of SD dvds.

Great setup. Yeah, I wish I had the xa2. I have the xbox hddvd add-on, but without a vga connection, it's only good for watching hddvds so I can't yet get rid of my old SD-upconverting player. From what I've read, the xa2 give you the best of both worlds (HDDVD+ great upconverting SD DVD player).