Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra - Summary, Pricing and Shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by c_smith
    Okay, I see where I missed the dimensions. My bust. Did I miss this as well–was the nominal impedance specified anywhere? 4 ohm, 6 ohm, 8 ohm? I'm just about to order 3 across the front. I think I might be a newly hooked member.
    David posted somewhere else 8 ohms.
    -curtis

Crap! That's two things I missed. Sorry for going over ground that's been covered. Trying to read all of this stuff while at work...when I should be working.

hey, i want a cheesy poof!

save some for me!

Default Expensive lunch!

Got my natural finish pair ordered at lunch. James had to take care of Craig 1st, so I had to wait 20 minutes for him to call me back

My credit card will forgive me once these are hooked up and playing sweet music!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

in the callback queue...

so... what is "family pricing" on 3 or more... ?

so... what is "family pricing" on 3 or more... ?
    Yeah, I'd like to know that too. I'm ordering 3 (L/R/C).

These threads are killing me.

Ascend just shipped me five CMT-340 SE's on April 24. They sound wonderful, and I am 100% satisfied. However, now I am thinking I should return the CMT-340's and get five Sierras. With the attractive pricing of the Sierras, the extra cost is not an issue. On the other hand, it's hard to imagine that the Sierras would sound much better than what I have now.

I guess I need to make up my mind soon. The clock is ticking on the 30-day return policy.

-Dave

I don't know whether i'm ecstatic or enraged! The pricing is out of my "buy something I don't need but have to have" range and the fact that it will likely only increase in price drives me nuts! If the price was over $1700 I could easily convince myself that I can't afford an upgrade like this and that I could just live my happy life with my current 340s...but now...well, now... I need a drink...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnal
    If the price was over $1700 I could easily convince myself that I can't afford an upgrade like this and that I could just live my happy life with my current 340s...but now...well, now... I need a drink...
    Make that two drinks. Ascend has made the new speakers so affordable that I can almost justify the expense. If the price was more "reasonable," I wouldn't be wrestling with the decision at all. Thanks, Dave. Got me AGAIN.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    Make that two drinks. Ascend has made the new speakers so affordable that I can almost justify the expense. If the price was more "reasonable," I wouldn't be wrestling with the decision at all. Thanks, Dave. Got me AGAIN.

David
    Final cost depends on how much you can sell your old Ascends for when everyone else is doing the same.