Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra - Summary, Pricing and Shipping!

Talking

" Thats OK Daddy, the Naturals look good enough, you should just stick with those"!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^S
    Looks like avsforum deleted the Ascend thread. How lame.
    No, it's not deleted it's locked. I can still get to the earlier posts if I search for 'Ascend'.

Yeah, the reasoning was pretty lame. They have been hyping the 8g Pioneer Plasma there Since January and the product release date is in September, yet, they would not allow the discussion on a product that would be release this Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    So my 7 year old daughter, who was with me last night when I picked up the speakers, met Dave and got to see the piano black finish.

She just told me she likes the piano black finish better.
    You can just send me your naturals when you cave to your daughters wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1000
    No, it's not deleted it's locked. I can still get to the earlier posts if I search for 'Ascend'.

Yeah, the reasoning was pretty lame. They have been hyping the 8g Pioneer Plasma there Since January and the product release date is in September, yet, they would not allow the discussion on a product that would be release this Tuesday.
    There was another thread started last night....that one was deleted.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1000

I just looked, I don't see the 2nd thread, it's gone.
    The 1st thread was locked.......

EDIT: Yeah, your talking about the 1st thread.
    Last edited by muzz; 05-19-2007 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    Oh well.

So my 7 year old daughter, who was with me last night when I picked up the speakers, met Dave and got to see the piano black finish.

She just told me she likes the piano black finish better.

Then I told her if we got them, she would have to dust and clean them.
    She just might say yes, then you'll really be in trouble.

Are the specs for this all in one place somewhere? I know that wasn't the approach, but wondering if they ever got collected up in one spot.

I was waiting for that 2nd thread to get deleted. You can't thumb your nose at the AVS mods on AVS and expect them to let it slide. There were Ascend fans on that 2nd thread calling out the AVS mods after having a thread closed and a warning issued.
    Last edited by Quinn; 05-19-2007 at 01:09 PM.

I currently have an Axiom system, and since we're moving from our NYC apartment to a house in a couple of months, I'm using it as an excuse to start fresh. Ascend is tops on my list, and had pretty much settled on the 340's. Now, the Sierras have intrigued me, but I am worried about the minimal color choices.

Just wondering, is the piano black finish really that hard to maintain? Reason I ask is, I have a wife, and I have a child. I just showed my wife the two color options, and she nixed the natural. So it would have to be piano black. But if these are going to be a pain to clean and maintain, and majorly prone to fingerprints of kids, pets, etc., it might turn me off from the Sierras. I've never really had to clean or maintain my Axioms--just a little dusting now and then.

Any chance of a plain (non-piano) black finish for these? I know the plain finish was one of the knocks against Ascends, but hey, sometimes simpler is better. Anyway, just curious. Thanks.

It is no different than any other high gloss black finish. Black just shows stuff more...but when it is clean, it is extremely nice!
    -curtis

I ordered the piano black finish, and I was also wondering about the best way to remove dust every week or so without scratching the finish over time. It would be nice if Ascend could recommend a good product. Perhaps these would work:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp84418_33...iber_cloth.htm

-Dave