Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra - Summary, Pricing and Shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by audibleconnoisseur
    Wonder what Clark Howard would say about this? Don't do it man... nothing is worth debt! Ah, what am I thinking, this is music and Ascend we are talking about - so which finish are you going to get?
    You're NOT helping!!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Default Don't shoot the messenger, he thinks like you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato
    You're NOT helping!!

WHAT!? I retracted my thought process.......

Hey, if you gotta, eat out a few less times this month, don't turn on the AC, water or gas. Don't drive for one week and you will free up plenty of money!!!

I hate to see people get into trouble b/c we "have to have" but I am with you on the AA train brotha' b/c I had to have them too and now I have a wonderful 5.1 340se m&c + 200rears w/HSU 2.3 to back them up and I love it every time I turn it on and up, up, up, up!!!!!

I'm local!!

I'm loco!
    -curtis

So first it was a $1500-4000 range, and I willed myself to calm down and let it go... Now it's ~800 and it starts all over again! David, please tell me that classical music will not benefit from switching from 340s to Sierras!

What do you guys think the trade up program will consist of?
    CBM-170 L,C,R,LS,RS,BS
    Pioneer 1015
    HSU VTF 3 MK II

James is going to be very busy soon....no more slack time.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by audibleconnoisseur
    i posted this in another thread also but how close are they to the htm200 timbre? i have installed the 200's inwall as you know so i am not going to pull them out but do want to know what they will sound like together.
    Understanding Ascends goals on "non-colorization" of sound on all their speakers, my guess is the timbre match would be at least good.
    -curtis

davef, I hope you will find time this summer, or sometime soon to take a well deserved, and I'm sure needed vacation. You've been extremely generous with your time to us(Ascend owners), and Ascend Acoustics. Perhaps it is time to be at least alittle kind to yourself. Thanks goes to you, and and all that you have accomplished. I can only believe there is still more to come, Thanks

Default I concur

Quote Originally Posted by jvillas
    davef, I hope you will find time this summer, or sometime soon to take a well deserved, and I'm sure needed vacation. You've been extremely generous with your time to us(Ascend owners), and Ascend Acoustics. Perhaps it is time to be at least alittle kind to yourself. Thanks goes to you, and and all that you have accomplished. I can only believe there is still more to come, Thanks

I agree Dave! If I ever get out that way again I would very much like to meet with you and shake your hand and thank you in person for your professionalism, your hard work and your dedication to your product. We appreciate your diligence and steadfast direction you have taken with Ascend. Good form and well played!!!

Dave,

Before jumping on these, can you share a bit on what other Sierra speakers you have in mind and when they would be available?? We assume that since these are Sierra-1, there may be Sierra-2, Sierra-3, etc.

I'd hate to order these and then want the next series.