Thread: Crossover Setting?

Start out at 80hz, and feel free to experiment. 80hz seems to be the preferred/recommended setting for the 170's.

-curtis

As Curtis says, use 80Hz as the starting point as that seems to be the setting that tends to work best a majority of the time and also happens to be what THX recommends for a typical sat/sub setup. However, based on your room responses, you may need to adjust the crossover to get the smoothest transition between tour Ascends and the Hsu. For example, I found that in my Ascend/Adire setup, a crossover at 100 Hz provided the smoothest transition.

Victor

I have a H/K 125 receiver and the crossover is fixed at 100Hz. What would I set the crossover point on the stf-2?

You wouldn't use the crossover on the sub itself. Set it to 'out' to turn it off and rely on the crossover in the receiver.

Thanks brad.
    Am I going to lose anything with the receiver being fixed at 100? I have the 170's up front with the 340 center.

You shouldn't. The STF-2's frequency range starts at 100hz I believe. But also remember crossovers arn't solid walls; it transitions from one to the other gradually, i'm not sure exactly how gradual.