Thread: Sierra Center Speaker

Default Sierra Center Speaker

Dave,

Have you done antything special to the center version of the Sierra-1 or is it simply the speaker laid on its side with the tweeter rotated?

Is there a chance that we will see a center speaker that uses vertical mid-tweeter alignment with flanking woofers?

Are you sure you want that? There have been lots of comments about uneven sound due to "lobing" of "MTM" centers at avsforum. You might want to search for some of them - search on +center or +horizontal and +lobing. I haven't read them carefully myself. But it might be enough to make you happy with what's on offer now.

And presumably a 3 driver center, if offered at all, would have to cost somewhat more.

But after all that, I'm sure there are some who'd like to know the answer to your questions.

I'm not describing an M-T-M configuration like the 340SE, I'm describing a vertical tweeter with midrange below that and woofers on each side.
    Last edited by dbart; 05-18-2007 at 04:07 PM.

if you have that much vertical room... you should just get 2 horizontal placement sierras... composers mix on 5 identical speakers...