Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sierra - The Cabinet

Default Chance to be truly vain!

Love 'em Dave! Chance to be truly vain with both performance and while I am blowing my ears off I can stare at myself in them while I listen and see my facial expressions while I enjoy Josh G or Sarah M to Cassandra W to the Eagles and also watch myself air guitar to some Metallica! Yea, not really THAT vain but they will look beautiful in the family room!

Gotta say I am surprised NO ONE that I have read so far has mentiond the "WAF!?" Guys (and gals), a speaker that is wife friendly and sounds better!!!!! It is a decoration that really reaches deep and I don't mean into your bank account!

I have a question though Dave..... all the work and beauty and I know what the pro of the high gloss venir is. So I have to ask how easy these are to scratch when placed or bumped or cleaned. I had a set of Sapphires for a little while and even being careful I managed to scuff and nick them a little with minimal usage and was quite surprised to see the marks while being so careful. Can you speak to your high gloss and its resistance to these nicks and marks/scuffs?

Lastly, I haven't read everything you have posted yet but if you haven't already, what are the numbers? Freq resp, max output, rms, etc? If you are saying it sounds bigger than the 340SE's, I can't wait to hear them, especially with only one woofer cone!

Quote Originally Posted by audibleconnoisseur

Lastly, I haven't read everything you have posted yet but if you haven't already, what are the numbers? Freq resp, max output, rms, etc? If you are saying it sounds bigger than the 340SE's, I can't wait to hear them, especially with only one woofer cone!
    At the end of today's crossover info release Dave said tweeter and woofer info is tomorrow. I assume that part will include those specs and graphs.

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    The plan right now is to keep the V-LAM cabinets as a higher end option. V-LAM production is S-L-O-W. The 200s, 170s and 340s would definitely benefit from the technology - but I am uncertain if the higher retail pricing would be appropriate.

Of course anything is possible but we will have to evaluate the demand once the Sierra begins shipping.

Or if we could order the cabinets seperately and remount our x-over, woofer and tweeter. I know that would void the warranty but I would be careful. Assuming I could drive the screws into the cabinet.
    JohnMichael

System

Rega Planar 2 turntable modified
    Benz MC Gold
    Cambridge Audio 640P phono preamp
    Marantz CD5001 cd player

Onkyo A 9555 int. amp

Ascend Acoustics CBM 170SE speakers

Ultralink MX-2 speaker cables
    AlphaCore and AR interconnects

Quote Originally Posted by muzz
    Curtis, does this sound familiar?
    LMAO!!
    Muzz...might be a bit more incentive for you to build that sub now.
    -curtis

Heheh
    Just may be the kick I need bud.

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. In the pictures of the rear of the cabinet, below the wire terminal there is what looks like a threaded female insert. Is this for mounting purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by dallas
    I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. In the pictures of the rear of the cabinet, below the wire terminal there is what looks like a threaded female insert. Is this for mounting purposes?
    That allows you to secure it to the TP24 stand that was originally designed for the CMT-340.

David also mentioned it could handle the weight of the speaker if it was used in a way that the insert would not pull out....ie. if the speaker was not tilted at all.
    -curtis

Default Looking for USED 340SE in CANADA

Anybody in canada want to get rid of their ols system in hope of buying the newer sierra contact me.

YNOS

Default Re: Sierra - The Cabinet

I have had a cabinet sitting outdoors for nearly 2 years, fully exposed to all the extremes of Southern California weather; intense sunlight, strong winds, rain and even some cold. The integrity of the cabinet has not been compromised in any way.

Does this mean I could use this for outdoor use?

Default Re: Sierra - The Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanr20 View Post
    Does this mean I could use this for outdoor use?
    No. The electronic components are not for outdoor use. This was just to show the durability of the cabinet.
    -curtis