Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Sierra - The Cabinet

Default Re: Sierra - The Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    No. The electronic components are not for outdoor use. This was just to show the durability of the cabinet.
    100% correct... This was just the empty cabinet, no electronic / mechanical components installed.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Got a cabinet strength question for you, Dave, regarding the Horizon center.

I currently have my much smaller Energy RC-LCR inside a small TV stand with my 50" plasma on top. The Horizon won't fit in side the stand. So I had been considering having a custom stand made (can't wall mount the TV). But after reading your opening post, I'm wondering if the Horizon cabinet isn't more than strong enough for my 51 lb TV? The stand on the TV is 13" deep, but has feet inset 0.5" in. The weight would be right close to the frame of the cabinet at the front and the back.

This also works better for me because right now, my TV is at an optimum height. I don't really want to raise it by building a higher stand. The difference between the Energy RC-LCR + stand height and the Horizon is really close. Perfect!

Don't worry. Won't hold you to a warranty on this.

Quote Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
    Got a cabinet strength question for you, Dave, regarding the Horizon center.

I currently have my much smaller Energy RC-LCR inside a small TV stand with my 50" plasma on top. The Horizon won't fit in side the stand. So I had been considering having a custom stand made (can't wall mount the TV). But after reading your opening post, I'm wondering if the Horizon cabinet isn't more than strong enough for my 51 lb TV? The stand on the TV is 13" deep, but has feet inset 0.5" in. The weight would be right close to the frame of the cabinet at the front and the back.

This also works better for me because right now, my TV is at an optimum height. I don't really want to raise it by building a higher stand. The difference between the Energy RC-LCR + stand height and the Horizon is really close. Perfect!

Don't worry. Won't hold you to a warranty on this.
    Are you sure your 50 inch plasma is only 51 lbs. My old 50" panny weighed abou 100 lbs(98 to be precise). Dont want you to damage that fantastic speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Are you sure your 50 inch plasma is only 51 lbs. My old 50" panny weighed abou 100 lbs(98 to be precise). Dont want you to damage that fantastic speaker
    Mine was one of the last model series that Panasonic made. They greatly reduced the weight from the older versions.

Quote Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
    Mine was one of the last model series that Panasonic made. They greatly reduced the weight from the older versions.
    Oh sweet! I miss my old Panny

I have a 58" Panny plasma that is wall mounted. It took a scene from The Ten Commandments to lift it and secure it!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Hey guys, I found this website for custom TV risers. Thought this might be another answer for some to get the full on awesomeness of the Horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by 14er View Post
    Hey guys, I found this website for custom TV risers. Thought this might be another answer for some to get the full on awesomeness of the Horizon.
    Thanks! This is awesome. Exactly what I needed