Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Introducing the Sierra !!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Hi Craig, would that be the 930? -- wasn't there a rare model called the 958?
    I was thinking the 968 ... It somewhat "meshed" with the $348 and $568 pricing of the 170/340 SE's.

There was a model 959, which was never DOT certified for sale here.

The 930 Turbo pre-dates all those, it was the "slant nose" model.
    Craig

959 - that was the one... Of all the models, I think I liked the 930 turbo best (neighbor owned one and his son and I used to take it out for a "spin" when his dad did not hide the keys too well)

Hey, did you ever reveal the surprise entrant in your listening session?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

David, not yet, the manufacturer has not gotten back to me yet about whether they are going to produce and distribute it.

Based on what I was told, it will be (if produced) in the "ultra budget" category ... think under $150 per pair.

They wanted an opinion on it, and I can never resist that. If they do decide to go into production, I will "go public" when they say it is ok. I can say it is not a product from the usual ID companies.
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by craigsub
    CThere is a bright side - Alimentall may be David's new best salesman ...
    Yes, but I think it will take a good while for Joel to beat out Tawuan for the best salesman title though.

Getting to name a speaker is pretty cool ... are you getting a pair ?
    Yes, I'm buying some for the HT in addition to the pair I'm getting that will go in the stereo rig. I sure wish I could have bought that Arcam 300 you were selling a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by Quinn; 05-18-2007 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    959 - that was the one... Of all the models, I think I liked the 930 turbo best (neighbor owned one and his son and I used to take it out for a "spin" when his dad did not hide the keys too well)

Hey, did you ever reveal the surprise entrant in your listening session?
    930 Turbo was an awesome ride, an old boss of mine sent a guy over to Germany to get his.
    Back then, I think it was 60K
    That thing was pretty awesome, yet I didn't like it that much when HE drove!!