Thread: Please help me setup my speakers!!!

Default Please help me setup my speakers!!!

I am a newbie somewhat, but have been reading much.

I have the 340se fronts and center, 170se surrounds on the way and an SVS SB12-Plus.

I am ruinning this through a Denon 2807, SA 8300HD DVR, and an HD-DVD XBOX 360 with VGA and Optical for sound. Can anyone help me setup the speakers manually? I have run the autosetup with the mic, and honestly it sounds good, but I feel it can be better. Anyone have some suggestions? I have an SPL meter on the way and have DVE, setup the video already, HL-S6178 Sammy.

Really need help!

Andy

I have a similar setup of ascends and svs sub i am using am emotiva dcm-1 and gemstone amp. I have fouind in my room that setting all speakers to small with a crossover of 60 works the best. I do not like auto calibration ( atleast the ones i have tried ) Once you get the sound meter adjust all speaskers to the same level and adjust the sub to 2 or 3 db louder. Adjust the distance also make sure to get a tape measure and actually measure the distance from your seat to all speakers. It helps to have as assistant for that. That is really all there is to most setups. Speaker and sub placement is also important ,there are many posts here on that.
    Dan Webster

Thanks for the info Dan.

Is there any links on stops to use the SPL? I have used on in the past, but may need help since it has been awhile.