Thread: lip synch question

Default lip synch question

I have directv HD, on most high def channels (locals as well) I have major lip synch. It is beginning to drive me nuts. I called Crutchfield (where I bought my Denon) and they told me it was a Directv issue. The lady at direct tv told me I had to disconnect all of my speakers as well as my receiver and just run directv straight to the tv, at this point I wanted to hurt her! There has to be a better way. Does anyone have any suggestions, short of unhooking everything?
    Thanks in advance.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by buddhadas
    I have directv HD, on most high def channels (locals as well) I have major lip synch. It is beginning to drive me nuts. I called Crutchfield (where I bought my Denon) and they told me it was a Directv issue. The lady at direct tv told me I had to disconnect all of my speakers as well as my receiver and just run directv straight to the tv, at this point I wanted to hurt her! There has to be a better way. Does anyone have any suggestions, short of unhooking everything?
    Thanks in advance.
    Jim
    Does the Denon have a lip sync delay adjustment? If not, you need a receiver that has one. I think that is your only choice.
    -curtis

Thanks Curtis.
    I found buried in the menu's an audio delay, which if I don't make myself nuts playing with it appears to be helping.
    Thanks again for the help.

Jim

The Directv response cracks me up. I have lip sync issues only when I use the TV speakers. When I use the optical to receiver, there is no issue.

David