Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 340SE: Minimum distance from a corner?

Quote Originally Posted by drewface
    yeh, being in a corner is going to enhance the bass some, but i don't think it should be "boomy". one of my speakers is in a corner, and it definitely gets more bass out of it than the one on the other side of the room (which is next to a closet with the doors removed, so it's almost a corner). i enjoy the slight boost in the bass since i don't have a sub (which is probably a good thing since i'm in a college apartment). it's not boomy by any means, though.

i'd say just play around with the settings some on the receiver and see if you can make it chill out a little...
    Yeah, it's corner loaded. I wouldn't mind, but it sounds unnatural and with it being more on one side that the other it's distracting. I'm going to try room treatments and see if that doesn't clean it up.

sounds good. let us know what you end up concluding to be the problem.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Nguay and Drewface, are you running the speakers full range or are they crossed over? If crossed over, at what freq?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson73
    Nguay and Drewface, are you running the speakers full range or are they crossed over? If crossed over, at what freq?
    i currently don't own a sub, so i am running mine full range.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson73
    I have mine crossed over at 80hz

I've started adding some room treatments. The first thing I added was GIK 244 traps behind the front left and right channels. That seems to have cleaned it up a lot already. The bass seems much tighter and even.

I've got some treatments for the rear wall which haven't gone up yet and some corner treatments to add as well for the back corners. It should be interesting to see how much more these additions help.

This is my first experience with room treatments but so far I'm really impressed.