Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: cryptic message on sub page?

Default cryptic message on sub page?

http://ascendacoustics.com/pages/pro.../subintro.html

All it says, is, "Stay Tuned For An Exciting Announcement Regarding Subwoofers for 2007 and Beyond!!!" At least nothing else loads on my computer.

the title of the page still says Hsu subs, so is this just referring to Hsu's new lineup... or something more?

Well, Hsu did just release a whole new lineup. It could be that, or it could be Ascend subs.

If it is Ascend subs, David has been very tight-lipped. I've talked with him about subs recently in personal communications and he didn't give any indication that I should hold off in favor of upcoming Ascend subs. Of course, he's always tight-lipped about new products.

I called to order a complete system and a Hsu Sub from Ascend and they told me that they are not authorized to sell Hsu Subs for the time being. They wouldn't give much information but said to go ahead and order from Hsu directly and they hope to have the matter worked out sometime in the next few weeks.

oh man... if there is an ascend sub coming out...

woo... i don't know if i'd be able to restrain myself.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Hi Guys,

We are currently evaluating a few different options regarding subwoofers. I can't mention what those options are, just yet, but I will say that we are excited about it

In the meantime -- if you need a subwoofer I strongly recommend evaluating products from SV Sound (SVS) and Hsu Research.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Any hint as to when these new options might be available?

Well this is intriguing

I just bought an SVS PB12-NSD to go with my Ascends and it is impressive, if not maybe even overkill. My wife was NOT happy with how big it was. It was really my own stupid fault...I had made a cardboard replica of the 340SE so my wife understood exactly how big the speakers were going to be but didn't bother with the sub, and its the size of a friggin coffee table.

Learn from my mistakes!

Put a doilie on it, and a tough plant on top of that!!

Remote holder? heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by muzz
    Put a doilie on it, and a tough plant on top of that!!

Remote holder? heheheh
    We got Verizon fiber optic TV installed the day after and with that picture quality on the new plasma she forgot about the sub pretty quick.