Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update from shootout and purchase

Default few more

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by audibleconnoisseur; 01-29-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Default side angle

Good side angle shot from flush with the wall...
    Last edited by audibleconnoisseur; 01-29-2007 at 05:10 PM.

Default Left one off...

The frontal. BTW, few of these look like the speaker is not clean. I don't see any white or dirty or scuffs on them but for some reason the pics are showing that. Maybe I will wipe them one more time...

Default frontal from afar

the other wall looks the same pretty much, just focused on the left rear...

Default i like it

looks good, man. nice work.

i'd try to get grills for the htm200s with the logo on the bottom (like the center channel) so it's not sitting sideways. i'm pretty sure you could work something out with dave to get some. that's my only comment, though.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Default Thanks

Thanks Drewface

Once I actually decided to cut the walls to put them in, the project only took about 4 hours (less the spackle drying and paint drying) since I had already prewired b/f our sheetrock went up (except where you see the line spackle line b/c I only prewired to the staircase). The mud/spackle job took a little while to dry, but other than this, things went smooth for a while. Ran into trouble at the LR spkr b/c it backs up to the staircase so I accidentally cut a hole in the back side and had a minor spackle to fix that. The Rsurround spkr went up and in and connected (with no framed molding) in about 30 minutes, it was the Lsurround that was a pain my my ars! Part of the fun of a project I suppose. The molding was all cut by hand and a $6 saw and holder set that is plastic and has 45 & 90deg angles cut into it, as well as a 45deg on the Y axis for things like corner molding. I used a hacksaw though with more teeth so the cuts would be smoother as the molding is only 3/4" x 1/4"

Thanks for the compliment as I did work hard to make it look right but the key is that my wife is ok with it now... far from the face of horror (it looked like this - really!) I saw when she awakened to find me on a ladder, with a gyp saw and a big 8 3/4" x 11 1/4" hole in the wall! I guess I should have asked one more time before I cut into the wall!?!? What... she fell asleep...
    Last edited by audibleconnoisseur; 01-30-2007 at 06:56 AM.

That is badass!