Thread: "Big Fish"

oh, how pathetic.

seriously, I haven't seen it, but will eventually. It's gotten very favorable reviews for the most part. Supposed to have a 'weep-worthy' ending from the few reviews/accounts I've seen.

I'm surprised at how well it's doing at the box office. It surpassed LOTR last week by just a hair. Never would have expected it from a Tim Burton film.

Yeah, I saw where "Big Fish' was #1 this week, however in my opinion TLotR will blow all of the competition away.

we went to see it last weekend IT SUCKS!!! we walked out

smokey is offline Forum Founder
    Volunteer Administrator

Ouch! I've seen it and liked it quite a bit, mostly for Ewan McGregor's amazing performance. It's worth a matinee, I'd say.

Thanks, the Management.

Smokey, I'm so cheap that matinees are the only time I go to the theater! [:I]

smokey is offline Forum Founder
    Volunteer Administrator

Hey, you don't have to tell me. Back in the college/grad school days, a self-designed triple feature at the local 13-plex really stretched my friends' and my matinee prices. Of course, looking back now, some of those movies weren't even worth that price!

-Smokey.

Thanks, the Management.

I figure that $5.00 is a real bargain for TRotK. Now I just have to find the time to go!

I saw Big Fish opening weekend. I thought the flow of the movie was terrible. Overall I felt the last 25 minutes or so made the movie worthwhile. I'd recommend DVD or HBO.

You guys are nutty! I loved Big Fish. Truthfully, i probably enjoyed it more than ROTK. ROTK was a little long for straight viewing.

Well, I guess that I was among the last to see "Return". I took my 11 year old to see it last weekend. He had just finished reading "The Hobbit" and has started on "The Fellowship". Boy, he was asking me questions all through the movie. I told him that as soon as he finishes each book I will let him watch the extended version on dvd at home. That should be enough of a reward to encourage him to read a true classic! []