Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emotiva & bi-amping 340SEs

Default good questions

I don't know that I do short of wanting to get more power and thus sound clarity and quality from my denon. it is only 80W/ch so i am getting loud enough for most people at near +/- 0 and would prefer to have that same sound but with better quality at the -20 or -15dB level. can you explain why one would want to get more power or current to their speakers other than them sounding better and more clear, thus able to play the best they can? they 340's are 240rms and 400max so i am not worried about too much, only too little at the +/- 0 level of the denon 1905.

More power equals better headroom, equals better dynamics for movies and music passages.

Default understood

So what about better sound and clarity and quality of music reproduction, etc?

I know some disagree with this, but I believe the front end electronics, disc player, pre/amp, and amp have a noticeable effect on the sound of the Ascends. Depending on what you comparing obviously reflect in how much difference you hear.

IMO, the speakers are high performance in terms of sound quality and truely represent what they are fed.

That said, I wouild think more in terms in the quality of what they are given rather than how much power.
    -curtis

This amp has me curious now. I use a Pioneer 1014TX which I really like. It is supposedly the same as the Elite 52TX which tested out at 115 watts X 5 Channels. I have 170SE for L/R mains, 340SE center and (2) 200's for surrounds. Would I benefit any? Would it be worth the $500 dollars for this amp. I like it loud (occasionally), but would it sound puncher/cleaner at all volume levels with this amp? How much better is this amp vs the Pioneer mosfet?

Thanks, Gov
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Just placed my order for the LPA-1!!! Hope it makes a difference in my Ascend set up. I will use my 1014 as a preamp.
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's

I just received my LPA-1 today and man is it a BEAST!! To my ears so far, the LPA-1 sound similar to the Pioneer, but I have more headroom with the LPA-1. I like to listen to music in 7-channel stereo except DVD-A and DTS material. I think for the headroom and the fact I listen to redbook material in 7 channel stereo, this may be worth it for me. Although, the 1014 can hold its own! I have 30 days to make a decision. I will say that this amp is built like a tank!
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's

Default Gov

I too have the 1014, and was thinking about the emotiva amp. It will be interesting to hear any comments after you have listened for several days. Hope you post what you think in a couple of weeks.

Default benefit

What would I not be getting by buying the EMOTIVA LMC-1 & LPA-1 and instead, buying a Pio81 or Denon2807, or HK645? Would it be worth it to spend the $ on the EMOTIVA system peices above or the other name brands listed?

In other words, with $900, would I be better off musically and HT wise buying the EMOTIVA or an A/V receiver?

Default audible

I don't see anything wrong with the denon you have. plenty of features unless you go with hdmi switching in future.