Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emotiva & bi-amping 340SEs

Default Emotiva & bi-amping 340SEs

Right now I'm just in the drooling/wishing stage, but I have my eyes on the Emotiva LPA-1. It's $499 shipped, 5x125w + another channel that can be run as a 6th channel, or split into 50w x2.

Can the 340SEs be bi-amped? Or just bi-wired. Ie., could I bi-amp my front 340SEs, 125w x 2 per speaker, for all 6 channels, and then let my receiver (HK 240) run the surround speakers?

Also, if anyone has any experience with the Emotiva amp, what are your impressions of it?

The LPA-1 seems like a great amp, particularly for the price. I thought about getting one before I came across a great deal on an Outlaw pair including the Outlaw 750 (165Wx5 built by ATI). I've heard the LPA-1 in action a couple of times and can't fault it for anything.

Default check out the thread below

Here is a link to the thread that discusses this in detail so we don't reproduce the material again: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=745. If this doesn't link up, just look around 10 threads below and you will find more about it.

Thanks!

I have the LPA 1 with Ascend 340's and I love it...you will find that youwill have more than enough power that you will not need to bi amp. The LPA can more than carry the load...cleanly!

Default ?

what is an LPA 1?

Quote Originally Posted by audibleconnoisseur
    what is an LPA 1?

amplifier ($499):
    http://www.emotiva.com/lpa1.html
    AV123 used to sell them, but Emotiva is now selling direct, apparently.

thanks, Cyberbri

Default so I pose another question

would I better benefit from using my current denon 1905 and getting anoter external amp like the one you are talking about here (or another), or selling mine and putting that same extra money towards a better receiver? i am looking to find the best amp for the money that is best for the ascends. dave is talking with me on this so i may simply go with his advice since they are his speakers but just wanted your opinions as well. my denon is 80W/ch @ 7.1 so i would only need another 30W/ch for all seven channels. thoughts?

It depends a lot on if you like the features of your receiver. If you like everything about it, but want more power, then get an external amp. If you wish it could to X, Y and Z, then look at getting a better receiver.

My question would be - why do you think you need more power?