Thread: Wheres the bass at?

Default Wheres the bass at?

Hey guys, i know this is something that has been discussed, but i havent really seen where everyone has decided as a final spot for their sub. Who has their sub in the back?, who has it in the front? anyone in the middle?...from what ive read front seems like the best. My sub (stf-3) is plenty powerful, im just really curious where everyone has found theirs to sound best. Thanks guys

It is somewhat room dependent. The easiest trick is to put the sub were you sit and crawl around the room until you find the spot with the best response and put your sub there.

Used Hsu's user manual as a guide (e.g. corner to enhance bass; place certain distance away from room opening) and sub crawl method to nail the spot(s). For my room, was a toss-up between front right corner and next to couch at primary listening position. For aesthetic reasons, went with front rt corner.

Default Sub Placement

I have a 11 X 15 room. Seating is at about seven feet. The sub (HSU VTF-1) is placed in the right rear corner behind the seating. Sounds good and it is hard to tell where the sub is-the bass surrounds. It is a good match for my Ascend 170SEs.