Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How close are you to start shipping again?

Default How close are you to start shipping again?

I ordered my speakers shortly after Christmas and received a reply that they would be shipping out in about two and half weeks due to selling out over the holidays. Just curious if that target date is still looking good.

Thanks,
    Steve

I placed an order for a 340c SE over New Year's and Dave said 1-1.5 weeks, so I'm guessing shipping will start again this week.

Dave just left for CES, but maybe someone else from Ascend will chime in.

I was told by James that they are getting everything in this Wednesday or Thursday and will be shipping everything out Thursday/Friday.

I really hope nothing has changed - I have just about everything ready to go (all hardware in, stands and omnimounts setup, wires ran, etc)

Right now the wiring for my rear surrounds is proving to be more difficult than I suspected. I just ordered a 52 inch long flexible drill bit that will hopefully cure this problem. I'm only lacking the speakers for hardware. I have an SVS PB10-NSD sub, Onkyo SR804 receiver, and a Mitsubishi HC3000U projector. I still have to build the riser for my rear seating and then a component shelf. I ordered the CBM170SE for front left and right, a 340SE for the center with a pair of HTM200's for the rears. Still a long way to go so there isn't any big rush on the speakers. I would like to get everything hooked up for a trial run though.

Steve

It looks like I am not the only one looking forward to these speakers. I have my speaker stands set up, wires ready, etc. I assume they are doing one batch shipment when the parts come in. I ordered Dec. 22 and was told 3 weeks as well.

I'm going to be really bummed if it's later....really really bummed haha.

well, I think if there's a good time to announce a new product, it would be at CES. So keeping that in mind, Dave might be saving you a buyer's remorse of not buying a new product(Imagine, if he annouces a tower speaker at CES)

Well I had to wait for over a month for my 340s last summer, but let me tell you, the wait was worth it

There's no reason for Ascend to announce anything at CES. They don't have a show presence and choosing to announce something now just ensures that the news gets lost in all of the coverage of big company announcements at CES.

I placed my order shortly after New Year's Day. James informed me at that time they were expecting inventory by January 12th which is this coming Friday.

I hope I get them before the 19th since I'm going out of town on the 21st for business for a couple of days.

Dave and James are at CES this week. That is why there is no post from them on time frames.
    Last edited by Quinn; 01-11-2007 at 03:40 AM.