Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Repost of 8-10 spkr shootout on 1/14

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I have not heard the Energy, but I have heard the NHT Classic Three in my own room. It is very different from the CMT-340SE.
    In what way?

Default yes... how?

I agree, in what way? Different presentation, better, weaker? If you don't want to be negative towards either speaker, you are welcome to PM me and I will read it there.

I would call the Classic Three darker/warmer, with less clarity and detail overall. Some may call it a smoother sound. In my room, which is fairly dead, the differences were immediately apparent upon switching the speakers.
    -curtis

Default so...

it is your opinion then that the 340SE's are the superior speaker for clarity and capability? i would assume with the 240W rms and 400W max that the 340's will stomp them in total output as well?

Looks to me like he is telling you that he preferred the REAL sound of the Ascends over a "Colored sound".....
    IOW, he doesn't feel they are as accurate....
    He also hasn't replaced his 340SE's with them.

Thats MY take on HIS comments, NOTHING more, and I COULD be wrong(doubt it though).

Curtis will try his best NOT to bash another brand(internet folks can be pretty volatile, and misinterpret things)

If I'm way off base here Curtis, I'm sorry bud... but thats how I look at it.

m
    Last edited by muzz; 01-18-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Default yea, i know

I figure that is correct as well. I don't care to bash anyone either. I just wanted his opinion on the match-up. That is why I asked him to PM me. Everyone hears differently!

OK...so I just read Absolute Sound's review on the Classic Three. What I heard and what the reviewer heard are very different. That guy loves the speaker.

In the same issue is a review or the Pioneer S2-EX speaker. Now with that review, I pretty much agree with.

So...what I am saying, you got to hear them for yourself.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by muzz
    Looks to me like he is telling you that he preferred the REAL sound of the Ascends over a "Colored sound".....
    I don't know if I would call them colored, but almost like listening through an open door vs. a screen door.
    -curtis

OK...............
    LMAO

Thanks for the clarification Curtis!! bahahahaha

Default link?

can you send us a link to the three's article?