Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: cryptic message on sub page?

I've never heard either, but that's an apples to oranges comparison. The PB10-NSD is a 10" woofer with a 300 Watt amp, and the x is an 8" w/ 150 Watt amp. The rocket x-series sub does look cool, though.

If you were responding to me, I wasn't referring to the x-sub, although it is a great sub. The Rocket and x-series are separate lines as well.

I was referring to the ULW/UFW-10s and 12s from AV123, and their upcoming monster subs (BMF and others).

You can get the UFW-12 without the RDES eq, but
    http://www.av123.com/products_produc...rs&product=8.1
    it has a built-in peq and a 1,000 watt amp.
    Last edited by cyberbri; 02-08-2007 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberbri
    And you'd be surprised how many people are buying the SBS-01s from SVS... For that price I'd definitely go with AV123's x-series speakers over them, for both looks and sound quality.
    I have not heard the SVS speakers but I own the X-LS's and I've compared them at length to the Ascend 200's. The 200's, like the SVS are much, much smaller and sealed. The sound is very different. As a stand alone, the X-LS's have the big advantage of another octave lower. With a sub, the 200's demonstrate to me why they cost a bit more. I'd like to compare the SVS speakers to the 200's. That would be more informative to me.

David

Quote Originally Posted by cyberbri
    AV123 / Rocket makes outstanding subs as well. As does ACI and many other companies. It's frustrating when people talk about subs and only mention the two companies, or only mention the one that starts with an S and ends with an S as if there are no other companies out there making good subs.

And you'd be surprised how many people are buying the SBS-01s from SVS... For that price I'd definitely go with AV123's x-series speakers over them, for both looks and sound quality.
    I'd take the SBS-1s for sound quality. The SBS-1 is more accurate and "Ascend" like. The X-LS has the nicer cabinet and more bass.

I'd also take the SVS SB-12 over the UFW-12 for SQ. And if you know how critical I've been of SVS in the past those are words I never thought I'd be typing.
    Last edited by Quinn; 02-08-2007 at 12:04 PM.

I'd be interested in hearing the SB12, but the others don't impress me much (compared to other brands).

And I wish I had gotten a chance to hear the SBS-01s more that day, but what I did hear wasn't too impressive (at the time). I'd need to spend some time with them to get a better idea of how they sound.

I probably wouldn't mind the x-ls's "more bass" because I'd be pairing it with a sub anyway. I should be getting a pair of x-ls to demo pretty soon, so I'll be able to comment on them with some first-hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I'd also take the SVS SB-12 over the UFW-12 for SQ. And if you know how critical I've been of SVS in the past those are words I never thought I'd be typing.
    Yeah, I just said "holy shit what?" in my head.

edit: wow I can swear!
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 02-10-2007 at 07:09 AM.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by shane55
    Well, regardless of the Audioholics situation, I had a great buying experience with SVS... both before and AFTER the purchase. Ron was completely responsive and helpful in tuning-in my excellent sub and giving reality to the term 'customer satisfaction'.

I've got nothing but praise for Ascend and SVS and am glad that I came upon these two great companies.

The best to them both !

shane
    Interesting:

http://www.svsound.com/news-news.cfm

I thought everyone in the HT world had seen that by now
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by JackT
    Indeed!
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

"You can't fire me! I already quit!"
    Jon O.