Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: cryptic message on sub page?

Well, regardless of the Audioholics situation, I had a great buying experience with SVS... both before and AFTER the purchase. Ron was completely responsive and helpful in tuning-in my excellent sub and giving reality to the term 'customer satisfaction'.

I've got nothing but praise for Ascend and SVS and am glad that I came upon these two great companies.

The best to them both !

shane
    Yes Eve, I like to watch.

My setup:
    http://www.fototime.com/5EF1F78FC789849/orig.jpg
    HT: 340SE's Front & Center - 340 Classic's Surround, SVS PB110-ISD.
    Office (2-ch): 170SE's

Default I'll second that

Well, regardless of the Audioholics situation, I had a great buying experience with SVS... both before and AFTER the purchase. Ron was completely responsive and helpful in tuning-in my excellent sub and giving reality to the term 'customer satisfaction'.

I've got nothing but praise for Ascend and SVS and am glad that I came upon these two great companies.

The best to them both !
    My thoughts exactly....

I agree about commending AH about what they did. Personally I wouldn't buy an SVS sub, even if they are good subs, due to the past history of SVS, and their techniques and business practices more recently in the last few years. I won't get into that here...

But even so, to me SVS are more for people who want max SPL, and HSU (and AV123, ACI) and the like are for people who want both SPL and articulation, musicality, and detail. Some of the SVS may fit this, but some definitely do not, including the 20-39+ I heard (all boom and no detail).

Quote Originally Posted by cyberbri
    I agree about commending AH about what they did. Personally I wouldn't buy an SVS sub, even if they are good subs, due to the past history of SVS, and their techniques and business practices more recently in the last few years. I won't get into that here...
    If you aren't going to get into it, then it's probably best you don't make the allegation at all.

To me, business ethics are just as important as the product a company makes. If people bring up where sub cabinets are made, and that makes a difference to some people, I would hope that some people might take into consideration how a company acts when considering its products.

There is the guerilla marketing over the years on various forums, but there is more to it than that.

People are free to PM me...

Default Professional opinion

Hey guys,

First, let me express that these comments are with the utmost respect from me to you and for all involved.

I think that with the very positive nature of this forum and all of you, we should just let this one pass and leave the responses to the AVS forum and others, elsewhere. Both do a good job and both have their reasons for existing. All different people have great subs to fit their lifestyle and budget and personal taste. Let's let those guys talk to the issue, but keep it Ascend here. One thing I really like about this forum is it is moderated well and a lot of freedom is given to use for us here. Let's focus on the great systems that Dave is putting together and how they make us feel and not the SVS and AVS negativity that is flowing from there.

I hope you all know that I respect all that provide their opinions and this one is mine to the subject. Dave, I hope you are ok with me doing this but I think this could tilt the wrong way quickly depending on whom wishes to engage in the conversation. Our only agenda here should be to share and read information that can help us better educate ourselves to the Ascend and HT/Audio experience! Respect to you all

ac,

I brought it up because Dave said this:

I ABSOLUTELY value your opinions, especially with regards to the direction we take with subwoofers
    and because I would be very disappointed if Ascend were to team up with SVS. I don't think it would happen anyway, because SVS makes their own speakers now anyways.

But I do think there is such a thing as karma.

Default ok then

Based on what Dave said, I will recant a few of the comments, but this was mainly to hope that the conversation would remain with tact and discretion to professionalism within our arguments. We are pretty good at this but a few early on lead me to do this.

Dave, we love em and hope you can get them back or come to an agreement to make your own that will best the SVS and or the HSU - although tough to do for the $. Was that a challenge???

Quote Originally Posted by cyberbri
    But even so, to me SVS are more for people who want max SPL, and HSU (and AV123, ACI) and the like are for people who want both SPL and articulation, musicality, and detail. Some of the SVS may fit this, but some definitely do not, including the 20-39+ I heard (all boom and no detail).
    I was surprised at CES how much better the SVS plus series drivers are. I too had always felt that SVS' strength is building subs to win SPL drag races. With the sealed SB12 SVS has shown that they can do musical too as it is a very musical sub.

just imagine if Hsu had a sealed sub.
    -curtis