Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: cryptic message on sub page?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3
    I just hope the announcement isn't that they'll be carrying SVS....
    So Clint has a problem with SVS. That really doesn't mean anything to me. Didn't he come on these forums one time and rip us a new one because we were criticising Audioholics? If SVS made a deal with Ascend and it meant a great product, I would be happy.

IMO, that won't be the announcement, though.

If SVS made a deal with Ascend and it meant a great product, I would be happy.
    Agreed.

Point taken. I'm no big fan of audioholics, and I've stated that before. That said, I don't like some of the things I've seen about how SVS does business. AH actually went up a notch in my book by not taking any crap from them and calling them out. I'm not saying some of their subs might not be decent, I just don't think their modus operandi meshes well with the integrity and honesty of ascend. That's all.
    Jon O.

the one thing that seems so strange to me is the heated and often nasty competition between the internet direct sub manufacturers (or maybe just their various fanboys). i just don't really get it. i would trust ascend to make a decision about subs or any other product based on quality alone (and bang for the buck), but i agree that things are getting out of hand in the marketing of the most competitive subs.

all the more reason for davef to design his own line of sub or partner with a more mellow 3rd party like brian at rythmik. ascend's current products stand on their own (i.e. quality, not slick marketing or anything else), and one of the great things about the ascend community is they are open to other people's opinions, respectful about disagreements and from what i see ultimately champion people to find out what speakers work for them regardless of whether they happen to be ascends or not.

anyway, i look forward to seeing what happens in the area of subwoofers for ascend. i'm not sure how things have gotten so out of hand on the various general purpose audio message boards.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thanks and I ABSOLUTELY value your opinions, especially with regards to the direction we take with subwoofers. I wish I did have some news to announce but absolutely no decisions have been made yet. As soon as we finish our year-end accounting mess, subs will have my FULL attention.

I will say this regarding SVS -- the guys over there have been nothing but absolutely professional and open with me over the years (besides being a lot of fun to hangout with) The online world of audio has been really heated lately but trust me when I say if you get all of these companies together in the same room (employees and customers) everyone is treated with respect and admiration. SVS make great subs and a wonderful speaker at its price point (I have become quite fond of the SB12-plus)

The competition between all the great sub manufacturers just means better subwoofers for all of you
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    As soon as we finish our year-end accounting mess,
    Too much cash, not enough time to count? No problem. Give me a call. I'm your man.

subs will have my FULL attention.
    OK, I'll wait. In the meantime, I'll spend some coin upgrading the fleet (9 bikes).

(I have become quite fond of the SB12-plus)
    Cool. That's on my list.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman

OK, I'll wait. In the meantime, I'll spend some coin upgrading the fleet (9 bikes).

David
    You really do have a problem, don't you?

(BTW I lived in Syracuse for about 8 years. I love that town.)

Default bike for sale

Bikeman,

I have a Marushi Aerolite triathalon/road bike if you are intersted!

I generally don't worry about the decisions DaveF makes regarding business partners. He has really high standards for the products, service and the company's practices - higher than what most of us use when choosing a product (we only have to live with the item we bought, he has to live with all of the customer feedback about his business partners).

I hope things are going well Dave, we'll have to catch up via e-mail once you catch your breath.

I think Dave should give Brian Ding a call, and see if they can work something out.
    He's looking for resellers, says so right on his site, and maybe volume sales could help on the pricing.

I've talked to him on the phone, and have seen him post on forums, seems like a straight up guy, that cares about actual sound quality.
    IMO, It's not ALL about the thunder, and after talking with Brian, he feels the same way.
    Last edited by muzz; 02-03-2007 at 06:58 AM.