Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: cryptic message on sub page?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Havelcek
    We got Verizon fiber optic TV installed the day after and with that picture quality on the new plasma she forgot about the sub pretty quick.

NICE!!!!

I just bought an SVS PB12-NSD to go with my Ascends and it is impressive, if not maybe even overkill. My wife was NOT happy with how big it was. It was really my own stupid fault...I had made a cardboard replica of the 340SE so my wife understood exactly how big the speakers were going to be but didn't bother with the sub, and its the size of a friggin coffee table.
    I feel your pain. I bought a SVS PB10 a little more than a year ago and my wife still makes comments about it from time to time.

I have an order in for a pair of 340s and the matching stands. I made sure she saw a photo of them before placing the order. I was told inventory would be available around January 12th. I wonder if that date has anything to do with the pending announcement.

If they complain about your sub....then tell them they are lucky you didn't get this:

-curtis

He didn't say that he wanted to be out on the street curtis!!

My wife just got two remodeled bathrooms in our house, so I have some leverage.

Thumbs up

My wife just got two remodeled bathrooms in our house, so I have some leverage.

My GF just got a plasma for Xmas..... I smell leverage in the air myself!!

GF??? Godfather lol.
    I know, I know, lol.

Later, Daman

Well I already remodeled the 1 1/2 baths in our house, but it was never near Xmas/at a time I was looking to upgrade my sub.....so I got her a plasma, and I would think I have some leverage at this time......

I keep inching closer to giving Brian Ding a call!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Hi Guys,

We are currently evaluating a few different options regarding subwoofers. I can't mention what those options are, just yet, but I will say that we are excited about it

In the meantime -- if you need a subwoofer I strongly recommend evaluating products from SV Sound (SVS) and Hsu Research.
    One thing that has changed in recent years is that these sub companies are now also directly competing in the loudspeaker realm. I wonder if that changes the kind of relationships compaines like HSU are interested in having with companies like Ascend. SVS will soon have multiple lines of loudspeakers. The current SBS/SCS look to be pretty good little speakers.

I guess what I'm saying is my guess is Ascend will be offering it's own subwoofer. Right now, it seems like EVERYONE does speakers AND subs. (SVS, HSU, Axiom, AV123, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by JackT
    One thing that has changed in recent years is that these sub companies are now also directly competing in the loudspeaker realm. I wonder if that changes the kind of relationships compaines like HSU are interested in having with companies like Ascend. SVS will soon have multiple lines of loudspeakers. The current SBS/SCS look to be pretty good little speakers.

I guess what I'm saying is my guess is Ascend will be offering it's own subwoofer. Right now, it seems like EVERYONE does speakers AND subs. (SVS, HSU, Axiom, AV123, etc.)
    Good point! Since Dave has some roots with M&K I think an Ascend sub is a real possibility.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables