Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: cryptic message on sub page?

I'm sure some of you have heard of bossobass. Anyway, I encourage you to read his post here (unfortunately I can't link directly to the post, just the page it's on) for another perspective. It's at the bottom of the page right now, but if other posts are added it will cease to be the last post on the page:
    http://www.av123forum.com/showthread...0&pagenumber=4

The Boss and the guys @ SVS have been going at it for some time. The major issue that I've noticed over time is the SVS crew don't respect a difference of opinion. They have difficulty addressing the issue without attacking the messenger. I don't know if it helps or hurts their business. I just tend to ignore it.

David

From bossobass's post, it's more than a difference of opinion. And I have seen some of the things he mentioned as well where he wasn't even involved..

I actually kinda liked DogWizard's post in the same thread at 123.

Most of that "list of complaints" is either fluff or just a matter of disagreement. I tend to agree with a lot of the things Tom has said. When your product is that popular, you will always have detractors and enemies, just for doing what you do. This audio game is chock full of bitter old men and it doesn't take much to get on their bad side - man do they hold grudges too. There is a group of such bitter old men who do their best to take SVS down a notch whenever they can, and I'm not referring to Bosso.

When it really comes down to it, there really aren't any commercial subs that are very impressive, all things considered. That's not "throwing down the gauntlet" or anything, it just is what it is.
    Last edited by SteveCallas; 02-12-2007 at 10:24 PM.