Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in Atlanta have cmt-340 SE?

Quote Originally Posted by audibleconnoisseur
    Sidebar, the HSU didn't let down either! Funny to see/hear grown men (later 40's to later 50's - assuming) jumping from one spot to the other saying "You've gotta sit here to feel this!!"
    That's classic!

Glad you had a good time.
    -curtis

Default Ascend, Axiom, and Boston thoughts!

Kevin, thanks for a chance to hear all these different speakers, sub. and your Denon receiver. This is the first time I have heard my Ascends compared a/b to any other speakers. IMO the Ascends were more in your face in a good way to the axioms but the Boston vrb's were just as forward, for lack of a better word. The Bostons were by B-I-L's, so I have to be nice. I bought the Ascends having never heard them and was considering the Axiom m22's also, I think the Axiom is a very good speaker but the Ascends suited me better, and I Am a happy camper right now. The axioms have a very good midrange, IMO, but the 340,s play so much more in your face. The Bostons sound very good with the 7 inch woofer and metal tweeter but may be not quite as good in mid's but still sounding good. I'm sure Kevin will be more detailed as he has excellent hearing, he was heaing things in the crowd when music was playing that I think only my wife would hear. LOL. So just wait for Kevins write up, i'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

Default Pleasure was mine!

Leon55,

You are welcome friend, I will have you over again when I have everything set up and broken in with my system. I might get the DENON AVR-2307 or AVR-2807 or even Panasonic VSX-81TXV before you see them next though! They are 100W, 110W & 110W respectively so 30W more power with better equipment and processors, etc. Should sound even better than it did on Sunday!

I liked that our Axiom friend even liked yours and said so but he does still like his M22 v2's though. I would have liked to hear his M60's against your 340SE's even though they would have beaten them up w/o a sub! With sub inline... I am very curious. I may have to take them over to his place when they are broken in to do that test if is will allow!

Perhaps I will see you at the beginning of February again to her them set up and catch a movie in 5.1 or 6.1 at the estate!

Depending on the music...the 340SE and M60 straight up is very interesting IMO...and with a sub it is a no brainer.
    -curtis

The M60's mids don't much up well against the 340. IMO the M60 is somewhat muddy.

Default thought of something

Just a brief input with something I just thought about. During our testing, I adjusted the DENON's treble (in increments of two from -12 - +12) with the 340 vs M22 and found that when you decreased the 340 to -4 or -6 v/s the M22 (both reference @+/-0), the top end sounded more similar although it didn't alter the soundstage. It did recess the lead high end a bit. Adversely, when adjusting the M22 to +4 over the 340's, they began to sound more similar, yet still the 340's won out in overall quality and range of sound.

As Leon55 said, I actually heard talking and whispers in the background of a CD that I played back a few times for the other guys. They did not hear it but I KNOW that I did. It was really neat to know that the 340's were able to reproduce that as it was obviously picked up during recording. The M22's barely reproduced it or it was so quite that I could BARELY hear it at the same level. THIS is the kind of thing that I listen for in reproduction. It could be considered distracting to some and it DID catch my attention but that is a neat quality of recordings that make them unique and fun and reassure you that your speakers are giving you everything that is suppose to be there!

Damn, I'm in Atlanta and I own the 340SE's but I haven't checked the forum in ages. Looks like I missed a great listening session!

Default would you be interested...

lifelong,

would you be interested in coming to a separate session where I/we will be testing the Deon 2807 & 1905, Pioneer 81, HK 945 for sound clarity and performance? If you were able to make it and Leon55 agrees, we can hook up three pair at a time and match/compare them for best sound for write up on here and at another site or two. Let me know if you are and I will set it up sometime over the next two weeks if we are all free. If we could get a fourth, we could hook them all up and test simultaneously! I might have to get a generator but we could do it! I'll keep my eyes peeled for your decision. I also have the HUS VTF-2 MK 3 should you desire to hear that ~ Ciao
    Last edited by audibleconnoisseur; 01-24-2007 at 01:51 PM.

I was just thinking......

You also have to connect the same source to the difference receivers if you are going to test simultaneously.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by audibleconnoisseur
    lifelong,

would you be interested in coming to a separate session where I/we will be testing the Deon 2807 & 1905, Pioneer 81, HK 945 for sound clarity and performance? If you were able to make it and Leon55 agrees, we can hook up three pair at a time and match/compare them for best sound for write up on here and at another site or two. Let me know if you are and I will set it up sometime over the next two weeks if we are all free. If we could get a fourth, we could hook them all up and test simultaneously! I might have to get a generator but we could do it! I'll keep my eyes peeled for your decision. I also have the HUS VTF-2 MK 3 should you desire to hear that ~ Ciao
    sent you a PM, let me know if you receive it.